Injury Report: Luongo out for at least Saturday's game, Clemmer recalled

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I know we have a thread for injuries, but since many may base their decision to attend/watch Saturday's game around seeing Luongo, I just wanted to give a heads up. Huberdeau is also going to try and skate next week and attempt to play in the team's final 5 games, I'm not sure if he should try and rush it.

"It would be a lot different if we were right now fighting for the Presidents' Trophy or a certain [playoff] position," Horachek told the Sun Sentinel

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=711722&navid=nhl:topheads

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
7t2d8.jpg

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I saw Radek Dvorak in a starbucks in Boca Raton last summer and gave him praises. If I ever see him in person again, I'm not even gonna look his way. Lost all respect after I saw him skate through Luongo like that.. What a buffoon.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I saw Radek Dvorak in a starbucks in Boca Raton last summer and gave him praises. If I ever see him in person again, I'm not even gonna look his way. Lost all respect after I saw him skate through Luongo like that.. What a buffoon.

Dvo's not a dirty player, it was just a dumb play. The guy brought his entire family down for likely his final appearance in the place he spent the majority of his career (read he was put back into the lineup for a farewell, he's normally a healthy scratch at this point). I felt bad for him, not the way he wanted to go out.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
To me a looked like Dvorak was actually trying to move the net off it's moorings (look at the motion of his left arm on the collision)once he saw he's not going to be able to stop.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Dvo's not a dirty player, it was just a dumb play. The guy brought his entire family down for likely his final appearance in the place he spent the majority of his career (read he was put back into the lineup for a farewell, he's normally a healthy scratch at this point). I felt bad for him, not the way he wanted to go out.

That is sad for Devo. I always liked him. I remember hearing locker room stories when he came into the league as a teenager. Apparently the vets called him "dork" because he didn't understand English.

Last edited:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida

That doesn't get him off the hook with me. It was a dangerous play; I'm glad Guddy got in his face at least and stood up for Luie. Even though he got a roughing call, it doesn't matter in a meaningless game. Stand up for your goalie.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
We'll be at the game tonight and I wonder who will get the start - Clemmer or Ellis?

On another note - I can't wait for the day Panther fans are the majority at a Montreal game and I don't have to listen to Ole Ole all night!

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
We'll be at the game tonight and I wonder who will get the start - Clemmer or Ellis?

On another note - I can't wait for the day Panther fans are the majority at a Montreal game and I don't have to listen to Ole Ole all night!

You have a large family that you might not have known about, we agree.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards · 17m
#FlaPanthers Roberto Luongo says he was diagnosed with slight concussion...says symptoms are gone, could go Friday

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
Luongo also said there's no hard feelings w/ Dvorak and that Dvo visited him after the game to apologize.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
Noooooooooooo we need to lose!!!

There's virtually no difference between the top 3 picks, possibly the top 4. Time to power down the Tank and toss a tarp over it. I'm glad Luongo is coming back, hope he steals every single game.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
There's virtually no difference between the top 3 picks, possibly the top 4. Time to power down the Tank and toss a tarp over it. I'm glad Luongo is coming back, hope he steals every single game.

Depends on how you look at it. If you want the best defenseman in the draft you need the 1st or 2nd overall pick. The group of forwards is more of the crap shoot you speak of..

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida

Agreed. I absolutely hate the feeling you have this time of the year when the season is lost. I hate that you have more benefits from losing than winning. I hate scoreboard watching to see if other bottom feeders won or lost. I want to see urgency from more than just the rookies who are trying to land spots for next year. I wanna see Jovo play an awesome game as a goodbye. I wanna see Campbell lead by example. I wanna see Luongo get shutouts against top teams. I wanna see Kulikov become a force.... I dont want more losses...

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
Agreed. I absolutely hate the feeling you have this time of the year when the season is lost. I hate that you have more benefits from losing than winning. I hate scoreboard watching to see if other bottom feeders won or lost. I want to see urgency from more than just the rookies who are trying to land spots for next year. I wanna see Jovo play an awesome game as a goodbye. I wanna see Campbell lead by example. I wanna see Luongo get shutouts against top teams. I wanna see Kulikov become a force.... I dont want more losses...

I agree with this so hard. We are NOT catching the Oilers, especially with their schedule. We're not going to go above the Islanders or Flames, so let's try to win down this stretch. I'll be at the games on Friday and Sunday, cheering on this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad