Proposal: Luneau to Montreal for an equivalent forward prospect

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
No thanks to the suggested Canadian prospects. Ducks need to use their depth for profiles that they need. Players who are tougher to play against.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Montreal is deep at forward and LHD in its prospect pool, but certainly lacks quality RHD prospects beside Barron and Mailloux.

Anaheim is VERY deep at D under 23 (Drysdale, Hinds, Luneau, Mintyukov, Warren, Zellweger, Lacombe, Moore) but certainly lacks a bit of depth at forward.

My proposal?

Montreal gets: Tristan Luneau

Anaheim gets: one of Filip Mesar, Owen Beck or Riley Kidney

Fair? It think it fits both of those rebuilding teams prospect pool needs.
You can find a fair deal here but we just rarely see deals like this. Teams don’t build their prospect pool to be aligned with RH or LH. They take the best players and in 3-5 years, they’ll start caring to see where they fit.

Managers have way too much pride to move their drafted prospects around to fit things into a lineup.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Joe Luneau

If Montreal actually wanted lane Hutson, they wouldn't have picked 3 players ahead of him.

Or something like that
Ya i dont really get the whole we coulda taken him arguement.... and then list a bunch of players anaheim could have taken if they really wanted them lol

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Ya i dont really get the whole we coulda taken him arguement.... and then list a bunch of players anaheim could have taken if they really wanted them lol
I think the pertinent point is the time frame. That draft was 7 months ago. The justification of the op proposal was replacing a LHD with a RHD. If it was that important to Montreal management 7 months ago they would have targeted a RHD with one of those 4 picks. They didn’t. You can’t tell me their philosophy on the subject has changed to that extent in less than 1 season.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think the pertinent point is the time frame. That draft was 7 months ago. The justification of the op proposal was replacing a LHD with a RHD. If it was that important to Montreal management 7 months ago they would have targeted a RHD with one of those 4 picks. They didn’t. You can’t tell me their philosophy on the subject has changed to that extent in less than 1 season.

I’m saying beck and mesar were on the board when we took gaucher, so under your mind set why would we want either

Maybe they wanted luneau, but thought he’d fall more, maybe hutson was the fall back plan of luneau was gone

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I’m saying beck and mesar were on the board when we took gaucher, so under your mind set why would we want either

Maybe they wanted luneau, but thought he’d fall more, maybe hutson was the fall back plan of luneau was gone
They took Gaucher BEFORE Beck and Mesar. It doesn't mean they didn't want them. Luneau went after Beck and Mesar. And they weren't interested in Luneau that early. They tried to trade up to a high 2nd round pick to take Hutson.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
No interest or need for Luneau in MTL. If they wanted him, they would have drafted him.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I wouldnt trade him for any of those prospects. He dropped in his draft year after an injury and looks like a steal right now. We also have the worst D in the league so the prospect pool even though it looks stacked is desperately needed in the NHL
He didn't miss any games in his draft year and only put up 43 pts. He must have missed games the season before.

No interest or need for Luneau in MTL. If they wanted him, they would have drafted him.
Not necessarily. He may have earlier than they ranked him. Doesn't mean they wouldn't have taken him.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
He didn't miss any games in his draft year and only put up 43 pts. He must have missed games the season before.

Not necessarily. He may have earlier than they ranked him. Doesn't mean they wouldn't have taken him.
Kidney’s upside isn’t worth giving up for a prospect like Luneau, and the Habs chose both Mesar and Beck over him. Makes absolutely no sense to acquire him for any of the above players. Zero interest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad