Lundqvist Sucks In Big Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Serious question: Why do so many people refuse to acknowledge that Hank is more than likely the best goalie of his generation?

Is it a NY-biased sports media that causes sports fan in smaller cities to react with hostility to anything NY? Is it jealousy?

I can't really fathom how sports fans can think their argument holds credence when they refuse to acknowledge greatness. It's pathetic.

Can't wait till this dude lifts the Cup, then has his number retired and goes to the HHOF (hopefully in 15 years or so ;)).

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Serious question: Why do so many people refuse to acknowledge that Hank is more than likely the best goalie of his generation?

Is it a NY-biased sports media that causes sports fan in smaller cities to react with hostility to anything NY? Is it jealousy?

I can't really fathom how sports fans can think their argument holds credence when they refuse to acknowledge greatness. It's pathetic.

Can't wait till this dude lifts the Cup, then has his number retired and goes to the HHOF (hopefully in 15 years or so ;)).

Completely agreed man. I am sick and tired of seeing threads with titles like this and about how much of a playoff choker he is and whats so good about him etc. Anyone who has watched the Rangers since 2005 knows he is the sole reason we made the playoffs in 2006,2007,2008,2009, missing the playoffs on the last day by a point in 2010, and 2011. The team that played in front of him completely SUCKED. They had no business even being in the playoffs yet twice we made it to the 2nd round (2007,2008) on top of almost making a Conference finals appearance in 2007 but Buffalo ruined that. Also forgot to say Jagr was the other reason why we made the playoffs those years. He only deserves credit for completely losing us a playoff series in 2006 vs the devils where we were swept. He was horrible and Jagr also was also out with an injury due to a dumb play. Oh yeah that was his rookie year. Up until this point of the 15 rounds of playoffs, Henrik only cost us 1 series on his very first time with a garbage team without its top forward. Been a Vezina nominee pretty much every year, this year he wont be bc IMO It was his worst season individually and he still racked up 30 wins and played to his season averages. I think he was robbed a few years as I think he should have atleast 2-3 Vezinas by now. The year he won it, was also one of the few times a Goaltender was even nominated for the Heart trophy which is a major accomplishment. Also I think he would probably tell you himself that this was his worst season overall because of the first 2 months clearly because of the contract. He has been himself since sometime mid December to this point.

Now to anyone who knows hockey and is a Rangers fan would also know that he really only had/has a legitimate shot at the cup with a team that can actually have a chance to win it. 2012 was a special season as on paper it didn't look like a cup contending team but he had his best season of his career and we played a stellar team game. In retrospect, The Kings would have destroyed us that year as that was the most dominating cup run I have ever seen. Last year everything went wrong IMO, the lockout didnt help and we still made it to the second round and were ousted by the Cup finalists.

Now I gotta be honest with you, In September I said this team at best as one round winning team and probably would be out by Game 6 of round two. To me on paper I really didn't know what to make of the team. I am gladly eating crow on that one and proud of it :yo:.

LETS GO RANGERS!

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Started following the Rangers within the last 10 years and are awfully spoiled. Thats my only guess.

9darter

Kreider is underpaid
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2007
Göteborg
Dat save.

Anyone with a gif?

From somewhere:
854947935.gif

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
that was one of the most incredible saves ive ever witnessed. Simply because, it wasnt luck. He INTENDED to do that. A lot of times you'll see diving desperation plays that are all luck...a part of the stick will touch the puck, a toe will get in there to stop it. but its usually get in the spot and hope the puck hits something in the way.

This play is unreal, puck goes one way, hits the stick, completely changes direction as henrik is pushing off to stop the original trajectory, and in 1 motion he drops his stick and blockers it away with a spinning kung fu move.

i mean, seriously, this is one of the most incredible saves EVER.

Cake or Death

I love the save obviously but Boyle is a boss there just scooping the puck up and out of harms way.

I love that, too. The entire team was so damn on point defensively and playing so well in units of 5.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

Forget other cities.

There have been plenty of Rangers fans who have posted here with the same opinion.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Let me just say I'm that so proud of Hank for doing what I've defied him to this entire postseason. I'm hard on him because I expect him to lift this team. He has this year, beyond expectations.

This post makes me feel really uneasy. You aren't hard on him. You've never influenced a thing in his life. You like to get pissed off and complain about sports stars in an anonymous online forum which, hey, is totally reasonable and we all do it. But when people legitimately post as if they have any sort of connection or influence it freaks me out

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Hearing the French broadcaster say "saint maquereau" (I think that's what he said... holy mackarel) is just amazing.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
This post makes me feel really uneasy. You aren't hard on him. You've never influenced a thing in his life. You like to get pissed off and complain about sports stars in an anonymous online forum which, hey, is totally reasonable and we all do it. But when people legitimately post as if they have any sort of connection or influence it freaks me out

stock-photo-image-of-a-hypnotist-brainwashing-the-viewer-into-a-deep-subconscious-subliminal-trance-using-51732484.jpg

Henrik! Do you hear me? It's me, your number one fan. I am doing this for your own good. You must stop sucking in big games! I can only project my mind into my HDTV through the space-time continuum for a short time, so don't delay!

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

He could be Joel.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Thank you Lundqvist, if the Rangers and Lundqvist manage to turn this around it would be epic.

41 shots, 1 allowed, Lundqvist is scary when facing elimination. ;-) I wish he was able to find this monster mode in non eliminiation game too though.

The King's Speech

"We didn’t want to see the Cup coming out on our home ice tonight. Yeah, just the thought of it makes me feel sick.”

"I felt good tonight. I must say, I felt pretty good in every game. It’s just tonight, we had the bounces."

My comment: Good isn't enough, Lundqvist is going to have the play the hockey of his life if Rangers is going to turn this around.

Next game should be an epic war. The main problem is that the Kings are still playing great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad