Lundqvist Sucks In Big Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Clearly Lundqvist is not a big game goalie. His GAA these playoffs is under 1.79 and just a little over 2.00 in his career. For the second time in 3 years, he's taken the team to the ECF, largely on the strength of his effort.

Game 7 in particular was a beast of an effort. He willed his way to a Rangers victory. But the 3 games in a row was a show of what a Hall of Famer he is. If a forward had done his job to such a degree for 3 games in a row as the team was facing elimination, books would've been written about his leadership. Think of Messier doing his thing in 1994 Game 6. Lundqvist's 3 game effort, while less flashy, is at least as impressive.

Everyone who says Lundqvist is not a big time goalie needs to go into drug rehab for abusing crack.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Clearly Lundqvist is not a big game goalie. His GAA these playoffs is under 1.79 and just a little over 2.00 in his career. For the second time in 3 years, he's taken the team to the ECF, largely on the strength of his effort.

Game 7 in particular was a beast of an effort. He willed his way to a Rangers victory. But the 3 games in a row was a show of what a Hall of Famer he is. If a forward had done his job to such a degree for 3 games in a row as the team was facing elimination, books would've been written about his leadership. Think of Messier doing his thing in 1994 Game 6. Lundqvist's 3 game effort, while less flashy, is at least as impressive.

Everyone who says Lundqvist is not a big time goalie needs to go into drug rehab for abusing crack.

Agreed.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Like I said, the majority of Lundqvist detractors are on this board itself.

it's a joke.

Fongule

Aug 12, 2013
Durbanville, South Africa
It's always hank this and MSL that... We all know the only reason we won was because this beast wasn't on the ice.
taylor-pyatt.png

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I'm a huge Lundqvist fan, but I will say this.

He's never been truly HOT in the playoffs before. It's not a knock on him. More about timing than ability.

I feel like he is right now though.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
It's just ridiculous how earlier in the playoffs some posters criticized him for lacking focus and losing his competitive desire. What BS. I don't think there's anyone on this team who wants to win more than Hank, he takes every loss to heart, and he is consistently lauded for his work ethic. Well-deserved series win for him, MVP for sure.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
This guy has been our one true constant since the lockout in '05. I'm surprised he isn't a hunchback after carrying this team for a quite a few seasons.

BearishRiggs

Mar 21, 2013
It's always hank this and MSL that... We all know the only reason we won was because this beast wasn't on the ice.

Yeah, it's obvious we won because our guys can't get distracted by those eyes anymore. Although Girardi could still be an issue.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
One of, if not his single best playoff game in his career thus far.

That 4 save frenzy in the 3rd was nuts.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
One of, if not his single best playoff game in his career thus far.

That 4 save frenzy in the 3rd was nuts.

IMO, the greatest 15-20~ second stretch in Hanks career. To deal with all the people in the crease to get the body on Letang's shot, to have the wherewithal to track it and push away the rebound, and THEN to react to the deflection off the ****ing stick? Legendary.

Dude was locked in tonight. If Hank plays like this for the rest of the PO's, the gap between us and Boston is much lower.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
That goal he let him against Ackeson from Philly was soft. Giacomin would have stopped it!
Hey there is only one King and he plays for the Rangers.

BlaqICE

Apr 10, 2007
N.Y.
5 and 1 in game 7's with a 1.00 GAA and 0.965 Save percentage. Yeah, he's a big game goalie.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Instead of making a thread mocking the three gerbils that think Hank is not a big game goalie, why don't you pm them while they're on their exercise wheel. When they get tired of circling, they'll respond.

Edit: nah their probably under shredded newspaper.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
The absence of some posters since game four is truly shocking :sarcasm:

This guy has been everything for the franchise. The numbers he's putting up, not only in game 7s, but in this entire playoff run, are nothing short of fantastic.

Loved that he put all the compliments on the team not only in his interview with Pierre after the game (while Pierre was fighting back tears), but also in the locker room when he earned the broadway hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad