Confirmed with Link: Lundqvist named Vezina Trophy finalist

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
Obviously hope Lundqvist wins. I'm okay if Bob takes it. If Niemi takes it I'd be furious. He's not even a finalist in my book.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
You think Miller and Quick are flash in the pan goaltenders?

Sounds like you're just spoiled with Lundqvist.

They're above average.

But look at their body of work this year. Is that impressive to you? Lundqvist would be getting crucified on this board if he had a .902 sv%.

The Perfect Paradox

Beyond Good and Evil
Aug 16, 2007
New York
Congrats to Henke! I don't think he'll win it since sheriff Bob was nominated, but it's great to see him consistently mentioned as one of the best in the league.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Like I said already, watch out, the teams did not play the other conference this season. (2) Western goalies could mean split votes from the West for Niemi and Bob. (1) Eastern goalie. Who do you think most Eastern GM's are going to vote for?

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I see Hank winning this. Only eastern goalie, and the fact remains that the Blue Jackets didn't make the playoffs. It's also not like Sergei completely blew Lundqvist out of the water with his stats. They were almost even.

Hank will win it, followed by Sergei and then Niemi.

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
What would the arguments to give it to Niemi over Lundqvist be? 2 more shutouts? :dunno: Reading the sharks board seems most of them are convinced it's between Niemi or Bob, and only way Lundqvist could win is east-coast bias.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
This is the same situation when Lundy was having a ridiculous year and Thomas won it the previous yr but they still gave him the award on pedigree.. Hank should win this... Niemi's and bobs stats are good but he's not the best and ones not even in the playoffs. If hank wasn't so good and CONSISTENT I doubt we make the playoffs this yr since we struggled so much with key guys.. All said and done hank is our back bone it will be an all time great!! Deserves the nod

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Because there's always a flash in the pan goalie that goes back to obscurity soon after and makes Lundqvist's consistently good seasons look average.

Miller. Quick. Now Bobrovsky.

It's a trophy awarded to the best goalie for that season. Miller and Quick aren't flash in the pan goalies. Miller is a nut job, but he's been elite for many years. Quick is a proven #1 as well. Just because he had a bit of a cup hangover this year doesn't change that.

The Hall of Fame is for consistency.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
It's a trophy awarded to the best goalie for that season. Miller and Quick aren't flash in the pan goalies. Miller is a nut job, but he's been elite for many years. Quick is a proven #1 as well. Just because he had a bit of a cup hangover this year doesn't change that.

The Hall of Fame is for consistency.
I know it's a seasonal award. I just hate flashes in the pan taking the Vezina every year.

And I didn't mean that Miller and Quick are Dipietro. They're just not the best goalies in the league. (And I like Miller)

JohnMilewski

Oct 26, 2009
A Ranger Fan Living in DC

For days I've been hearing and reading from fans and reporters that Braden Holtby has been Henrik Lundqvist's equal in the Caps-Rangers first round series. Before game 3, many even said he was outplaying "The King." Really? Not sure what games these people have been watching. In the 1-0 Caps win in game 2, Henrik had a half dozen highlight reel saves and Holtby bragged about not breaking a sweat. Don't get me wrong, I have no animosity toward Holtby. In fact, I enjoy his approach and demeanor and think he has the potential to be a number one goalie. But he's not there yet and Henrik was just nominated for the Vezina for his 5th time in 8 seasons. Swap goalies in this series and the Caps would be going for the sweep tonight. The silliness from the Washington Post, Comcast cheerleaders (they call themselves sportscasters), and a number of loud mouth fans I sat next to on Saturday was becoming more than I could handle. Had to get this off my chest. Win or lose, there's is zero question about who is the far superior goalie in this series.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
I want Hank to win this award as much as anyone, but I don't understand the consistent goalie for 6 years argument. Isn't the trophy awarded for best goalie in THIS season and this 2012-2013 season alone?

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
I agree Hank may win this thing based on pedigree, but if Bob wins there can be no complaints. I watched a number of Blue Jackets games this year and most of the games down the stretch, and Bob was incredible.

Holtby outplayed Hank the first two games, but Holtby stunk in game three. Hoping for more stinkage...

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
For days I've been hearing and reading from fans and reporters that Braden Holtby has been Henrik Lundqvist's equal in the Caps-Rangers first round series. Before game 3, many even said he was outplaying "The King." Really? Not sure what games these people have been watching. In the 1-0 Caps win in game 2, Henrik had a half dozen highlight reel saves and Holtby bragged about not breaking a sweat. Don't get me wrong, I have no animosity toward Holtby. In fact, I enjoy his approach and demeanor and think he has the potential to be a number one goalie. But he's not there yet and Henrik was just nominated for the Vezina for his 5th time in 8 seasons. Swap goalies in this series and the Caps would be going for the sweep tonight. The silliness from the Washington Post, Comcast cheerleaders (they call themselves sportscasters), and a number of loud mouth fans I sat next to on Saturday was becoming more than I could handle. Had to get this off my chest. Win or lose, there's is zero question about who is the far superior goalie in this series.

Yeah, just ignore the homers down here. The Caps are the trendy thing to be into, and everyone is pumping Holtby's tires. Typical DC idiocy.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I want Hank to win this award as much as anyone, but I don't understand the consistent goalie for 6 years argument. Isn't the trophy awarded for best goalie in THIS season and this 2012-2013 season alone?

So?

It is rewarded for the season, however I wouldn't be surprised if GM's take into consideration a players consistency when voting for this kind of thing.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
What would the arguments to give it to Niemi over Lundqvist be? 2 more shutouts? :dunno: Reading the sharks board seems most of them are convinced it's between Niemi or Bob, and only way Lundqvist could win is east-coast bias.

This is a 2 man race between Bob and Hank. Niemi absolutely does not deserve it over them.

Niemi, Crawford and Anderson had the best 7 game starts of any of the NHL goalies.

Take out those first 7 games of Niemi's in a mid season start up and his numbers were just 'good'.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
The only stat that gets you into the playoffs is W-L.

you need to stop homering with no logic. Homering is acceptable when it comes with logic and acknowledgement of homerism and humor but it just feels like you're trying to shove the Vezina down Henrik's throat.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
good thing the Flyers traded Bobrovsky although they were stupid to do so :laugh: if the Flyers kept Bobrovsky and became their #1 maybe they would have made the playoffs.... Bryzgalov has been bad this year and a distraction.. good luck with that....

He'd still be playing in front of that defense though. I don't think it's a given that he would have had the same kind of season with the Flyers.

Green Blob*

Im thinking Lundqvist wins it. I think some GMs are going to give Lundqvist the nod over Bob. Both had almost identical stats but Lundqvist has been consistent for years, which I think they will end up factoring in.

The main board cant understand how Lundqvist was nominated :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad