Confirmed with Link: Lundqvist named Vezina Trophy finalist

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
I know it never happens. I don't think that's necessarily fair though. It's like when the baseball writers fixated on W-L record when voting for the Cy Young. You can be the best at your position while playing on a ****** team. Again, this is something Henke knows all too well!

Either Bob or Hank would be a deserved winner.
If Bob wins it, it'd be a first.

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
good thing the Flyers traded Bobrovsky although they were stupid to do so :laugh: if the Flyers kept Bobrovsky and became their #1 maybe they would have made the playoffs.... Bryzgalov has been bad this year and a distraction.. good luck with that....

And to rub salt into his own wound, Holmgren makes a trade this year at the deadline for Steve Mason, Bob's backup in Columbus...you just can't make this stuff up!

I think Holmgren is a decent GM, but when it comes to goalies he really needs to back off before he causes nuclear damage somewhere.

Punxrocknyc19*

And to rub salt into his own wound, Holmgren makes a trade this year at the deadline for Steve Mason, Bob's backup in Columbus...you just can't make this stuff up!

I think Holmgren is a decent GM, but when it comes to goalies he really needs to back off before he causes nuclear damage somewhere.

Mason has been inconsistant so maybe like Voracek and Brassard a change in teams can help him. Mason is a better goalie than Bryz and always had starting potential.... Mason is an small upgrade... hopefully it wont work out too well although if i was them id trade or buy out Bryz first chance id have...

Championship*

Put Henrik on the Bluejackets and they're in the playoffs.

He had a great season, deserves a nod, but not the win.

*Bob Richards*

I'm still bitter about Hank not even getting nominated two years ago so even if someone considers his win against Bob a shafting, I'm petty enough to not care. :laugh:

Cake or Death

I don't think a non-playoff goalie has won it since like the 1940s. And frankly, Lundqvist was a bit more consistent than Bobrovsky this season and did make the playoffs. With the numbers being virtually equal, I'd nod it to the guy who's team is still playing.

Cake or Death

Despite the fact that Bob posted better numbers than Henke? Interesting logic.

I see where you're coming from, but I watch a lot of Columbus games with half our team there and all, and I think the Jackets actually played better hockey than the Rangers this season.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Its a damn shame how the Rangers are well on their way to wasting this guy's HOF career.

Despite some rough patches, I've been relatively blessed during my time as a Ranger fan with Beezer, Richter, and Lundqvist.

The dark ages, when Richter was injured/retired was a real wake-up call to what can happen to a team with no goaltending.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Its a damn shame how the Rangers are well on their way to wasting this guy's HOF career.

Despite some rough patches, I've been relatively blessed during my time as a Ranger fan with Beezer, Richter, and Lundqvist.

The dark ages, when Richter was injured/retired was a real wake-up call to what can happen to a team with no goaltending.

Can't be said enough how spoiled some people are around here.

Hope he gets the consecutive W.

Cake or Death

Honestly though, I'm tired of being overly diplomatic. So many times I've seen an apparent award tie broken on reputation and years in the league, and Lundqvist should take it on that and making the playoffs. Though this isn't necessarily a two man race - Niemi posted excellent numbers and logged a lot of minutes. Yes, you'll hear the 'Niemi had a better team' argument, but how many times did Marty win with a lot of games logged and a great team in front of him? Bottom line is, Niemi still got the job done and did post excellent numbers. Stats aside, from what my eyes saw, I thought Lundqvist was a razor hair ahead of Bobrovsky, and there was a tiny gap between those two and Niemi. But that's just me and I am biased lol

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
I'm someone that thinks that unofficially the Vezina trophy is one where you have to pay your dues. Too many times there've been goalies that have one good year that get picked over the model of world class consistency, aka Lundqvist. I'll be very pissed if Sergei "Flash in the pan" Bobrovsky wins it over Henrik.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Whether he wins or not, it's the 5th time he's been nominated in his first 8 seasons. Annoys the **** out of me when newer fans that take him for granted after going through the dark ages.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
the eastern conference scored way more goals this year than the western conference and the atlantic division scored more goals than the central division.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The only stat that gets you into the playoffs is W-L.

And Marc-Andre Fleury won more games than Lundqvist last year. Ergo, he was more deserving of the Vezina, right?

Win-loss is something that the entire TEAM determines, not just one player. A goaltender has far more control over his GAA and SV% than his record. Great goalie, bad team? Mediocre win total. Average goalie, great team? Good win totals.

Do you decide your Cy Young winner based on who wins the most games?

It's hard for me to fathom how a Rangers fan could not understand the concept of a great goalie propping up a mediocre team.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Watch Bob fall on his face next year. Not saying he didn't have a great year. He did. But just look at Quick. That irks me, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad