Confirmed with Link: Lundqvist named Vezina Trophy finalist

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Congrats Hank!

“@NYRangers: Congratulations to #NYR Goalie @HLundqvist30 on being named one of the Vezina finalists and is looking to win it for the 2nd year in a row!â€

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Could make a solid case for Crawford and Rask, too. But they both have far superior teams playing in front of them so I guess GMs took that into account.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
No surprise on any of the finalists. Any one would really be a solid pick. I have a suspicion Henke takes it again.

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
Good on Hank. His play down the stretch probably sealed his nomination.

Bobrovsky deserves to win...he had a great year and was even better down the stretch...but you never know, Hank may get some votes on name alone.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Bob had an awesome season. .932 SV% and GAA of 2.00 even. We of all fan bases should understand that sometimes even a great goalie can't propel you to the postseason.

Wouldn't it be something if Bob won. The guy the Flyers — who's biggest issue going back the Legion of Doom era has been goaltending — got rid of.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Bob had an awesome season. .932 SV% and GAA of 2.00 even. We of all fan bases should understand that sometimes even a great goalie can't propel you to the postseason.

Bob was impressive, but the Jackets didn't make the playoffs, does that count for something?

No goalie ever won the Vezina when their team misses the playoffs. will this year be the first?

*Bob Richards*

My Rangers homerism refuses to acknowledge the excellent seasons put up by scrub 1 and scrub 2.

Crown the King! :D

Punxrocknyc19*

Good on Hank. His play down the stretch probably sealed his nomination.

Bobrovsky deserves to win...he had a great year and was even better down the stretch...but you never know, Hank may get some votes on name alone.

good thing the Flyers traded Bobrovsky although they were stupid to do so :laugh: if the Flyers kept Bobrovsky and became their #1 maybe they would have made the playoffs.... Bryzgalov has been bad this year and a distraction.. good luck with that....

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Bob was impressive, but the Jackets didn't make the playoffs, does that count for something?

No goalie ever won the Vezina when their team misses the playoffs. will this year be the first?

I know it never happens. I don't think that's necessarily fair though. It's like when the baseball writers fixated on W-L record when voting for the Cy Young. You can be the best at your position while playing on a ****** team. Again, this is something Henke knows all too well!

Ian

Mike York fan club
Jul 5, 2007
Long Island, NY
If the essential stats were the same across 82 games, or if CBJ made the playoffs this season I think Bob wins this.

Right or wrong, I think the out-of-conference voters will be a little hesitant to vote for a guy in lieu of having an exceptional but fluke season (not saying he's a fluke but you know what I mean), and since votes were split 2 west 1 east, I think Henrik's got it wrapped up.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Well-deserved. 5th nomination in 8 years. And some of you is persistent in calling him a choker and/or accuses him of having a bad season. Says something about the standard he has set!

In all honesty, Bobrovsky has had the most impressive season. He deserves the award, but Hank is definitely the better player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad