Luke Witkowski... 2 years $750K a year

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Not sure I get the McIlrath obsession. Dude will never be an NHLer.

Yea, it's stupid. Trash nhlers and talk up ahlers until they get their shot and blow.

Edit: this is not about Witkowski, just a general statement.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
interesting. hsj suggesting he could play forward

Huh? He's gonna play forward? Pardon?

He's never scores a goal in the NHL, and has never scored more than 3 goals in an AHL season... I honestly don't mind the signing, I remember playing against Tampa last year in one game and hated him. He's physical and tough.

But as a forward...?

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Detroit Red Wingsâ€ÂVerified account @DetroitRedWings 2m2 minutes ago
More
OFFICIAL: The Detroit #RedWings today signed defenseman Luke Witkowski to a two-year contract.

Wait hold on is it 1 or 2 years?

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Yea, it's stupid. Trash nhlers and talk up ahlers until they get their shot and blow.

Witkowski is 2 years older and has a whopping ten more games than Dylan, most of which as a 6 minute goon duty.

Mcllrath is a better fighter and actually played real minutes for a good NYR team. Witkowski is just as much an AHLer as Mcllrath was less impressive as a prospect and smaller.

They are interchangeable. If Mcllrath was from Michigan/played with Dekeyser instead I have 0 doubt in my mind Holland would have him up instead.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Not sure I get the McIlrath obsession. Dude will never be an NHLer.

Oh Yeah Witchowski is great! A true NHL professional. Clearly leagues above McIlrath.

McIlrath is younger, bigger, tougher and was a former 1st round pick.
NHL
43GP- 3G, 2A and +5 (Age25)

Witkowski
NHL
54GP - 0G, 4A and -1 (Age 27)

Listen they are both nothing more than stay at home 6th/7th guys. Nobody is obsessed thanks.
Might aswell keep the guy who is actually an intimidator. Not some fake college tough guys, who will fight, but scares nobody.

Arguing over Mcllrath and Witkowski is like splitting hairs.

Heck, why not both and go head hunting?
Exactly my point. We already had McIlrath. Why sign the exact same player twice? (most teams want nothing to do with these type D men)
Michigan man and Blashill's boy. gross.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Oh Yeah Witchowski is great!! A true NHL professional. Clearly leagues above McIlrath. These

McIlrath is younger, bigger, tougher and was a former 1st round pick.
NHL
43GP- 3G, 2A and +5 (Age25)

Witkowski
NHL
54GP - 0G, 4A and -1 (Age 27)

Listen they are both nothing more than stay at home 6th/7th guys. NObody is obsessed thanks. Might aswell keep the guy who is actually an intimidator. NOt some fake college tough guys, who will fight, but scares nobody.

They both suck and I've already voiced my displeasure about Witkowski, who I wouldn't even consider an nhler at this point with barely 50 games played at 27.

What I said had everything to do with McIlrath.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Arguing over Mcllrath and Witkowski is like splitting hairs.

Heck, why not both and go head hunting?

Helene St. James leaked that Witkowski is gonna play more likely as a forward than as a defenceman.

He has done that at Tampa also.

Steve Ott -signing, good lockerroom guy.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Haha. Brutal

This guy is getting a serious look as a regular... just Watch.
Sproul to waivers.

Sproul isn't going to be ready to start the season and if he hits waivers it isn't that big of a deal, he isn't good at hockey.

Repeating this but getting upset about guys that make less than 900K doesn't make a whole lot of sense. There is no punishment should it not work out and they hit waivers.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Sproul isn't going to be ready to start the season and if he hits waivers it isn't that big of a deal, he isn't good at hockey.

Repeating this but getting upset about guys that make less than 900K doesn't make a whole lot of sense. There is no punishment should it not work out and they hit waivers.

I still like Sproul. Haven't given up on him just yet.

Obviously I don't care if Witkowski goes on waivers.
Problem is by giving him a 2 year deal there is ZERO chance he will ever be claimed on waivers.
Don't need another 27 year old on the blueline in Grand Rapids... but whatever I think Blashill will actually play this scrub.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

Problem is by giving him a 2 year deal there is ZERO chance he will ever be claimed on waivers.
Great, then he can be buried in the minors.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Don't need another 27 year old on the blueline in Grand Rapids... but whatever I think Blashill will actually play this scrub.

And guy is gonna take more likely a 14th forward spot. Has played F & D also at Tampa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad