Confirmed with Link: Luke Witkowski 2 year deal

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
He's most likely the Biega replacement, being the guy you plug into the lineup when you need a spark. Great caracter guy.
He might be up and down to GR, but he's going to be fun to watch. I like it!

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He's most likely the Biega replacement, being the guy you plug into the lineup when you need a spark. Great caracter guy.
He might be up and down to GR, but he's going to be fun to watch. I like it!
Osterle is Beiga's replacement. Witter is replacing McIlrath.

I doubt he plays a single NHL game next season unless Stevie and Blash decides a team needs to be punished for some reason.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
He will be in GR to protect Raymond / other young prospects if they dont make the team is my guess

He'll get time in Detroit.

Would have rather had McIlrath, but no biggie.
Always impressed by McIlrath in Detroit.

I would bet money that somewhere down the line, Witkowski and/or Glendening are coaches with Blashill somewhere.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He'll get time in Detroit.

Would have rather had McIlrath, but no biggie.
Always impressed by McIlrath in Detroit.

I would bet money that somewhere down the line, Witkowski and/or Glendening are coaches with Blashill somewhere.
Are they going to invent a way to win games without scoring?

On a side note, I thought the price tag for Mc was high at $450k/$475k for 2 years, and I just realized Witter signed a one way contract for $750k. Would actually have been cheaper to keep McIlrath, not that I care about Chris' money.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
Fun player for the Wings, will be fun on the Griffins.

I did not like seeing Witkowski go. A liability often, but remember when he beat up two opposing players before being sent to the box? Or that goal which was like the highlight of the season?

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Isn't this what used to be moaned and bitched about as a retread around these parts?
I'm fine with it. Welcome back.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
For matters like this I'll save my irritation for when we see the opening night lineup. Or the training camp lineups that serve as precursors.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Seems like mostly a GR signing. I am starting to get a little concerned about the priority of locally tied players. Its not necessarily a bad thing but I hope collecting every Michigan born or schooled hockey talent doesn't become and obsession that crowds out BPA's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad