Waived: Luke Schenn

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Bruins don't need him even as bad as they are right now with 3 rookies playing on dee, one journeyman and a second year player. Lauzon already looks better then him and Zboril and Clifton are doing alright. Luckily they have a lot of depth on dee by drafting very well under Sweeney.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I'm usually not the one to make these threads, but couldn't find one anywhere.

The moment I saw this seldom shocked me. I would imagine he would get traded if anything, but I imagine he gets claimed by a team desperate for D. I could see Toronto maybe making a claim for him, but realistically think New Jersey, Edmonton, St. Louis, Florida or Detroit are the potential destinations for him if anything.

Toronto is not THAT desesperate.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
There's a lot of teams with injuries to their d-core, Dallas, Arizona, Boston, and believe it or not I actually thought Schenn has played solid for what he is as a 6d the past 2 seasons. Besides just letting the kids play, I haven't exactly understood why Schenn was getting scratched so frequently this year.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
There's a lot of teams with injuries to their d-core, Dallas, Arizona, Boston, and believe it or not I actually thought Schenn has played solid for what he is as a 6d the past 2 seasons. Besides just letting the kids play, I haven't exactly understood why Schenn was getting scratched so frequently this year.

66.7% starts in the offensive zone.

38.9% CF -3.2 Relative Corsi
Fenwick 33.0% Relative Fenwick -7.3%
GF/60 0.7 GA/60 4.8 (team worst)

He's been terrible.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Hope the Oilers and Leads stay away from this cement skate wearing clown.

Oilers are 8th best in shots-against per game (just below Preds). They don't need a defensive D as they already play a dull shot-prevention game. They need a D who can hit the net lol.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
He can't skate. Don't understand how he still had an NHL job. Reputation maybe. There's far better options for other teams.

All told, another prime example of why you don't draft defensive defensemen.

Reactions: Oryxo

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
66.7% starts in the offensive zone.

38.9% CF -3.2 Relative Corsi
Fenwick 33.0% Relative Fenwick -7.3%
GF/60 0.7 GA/60 4.8 (team worst)

He's been terrible.

How about some context for those stats?

He's lined up for 24 faceoffs all season, that's clearly enough data! And he's a defensive shutdown defenseman who plays tough minutes, it's weird how shooting based advanced stats might not favour him!

Reactions: mize370

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I am probably the only one on our sub-forum that likes him, so I obviously do not speak for all Blues fans. I would give him a try on St. Louis. We desperately need grit. Perhaps playing with his brother would provide a spark? I would definitely take him!

Reactions: Fixxer

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
I can't believe he's already played over 700 games. Could have been a real solid player with better development. Instead of telling him to gain weight, the Leafs should have had him focus on his skating.

Agreed ! Good guy, wish him well. I'd have to hate him again if he goes back too the lowly leafs

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Bruins just need warm bodies to put out there on defense. They've gotta make a claim.
They are getting bodies back, Miller tomorrow and soon McAvoy and Vaak in a week. Schenn is a luke warm body and would be about 14th on the depth chart, total waste of money.

mrislander82

Feb 23, 2007
Charlotte, NC
My favorite was former Leafs GM Burke saying he could have gotten JT from the Isles, but refused to throw Schenn into the deal... LOL How the mighty have fallen indeed!

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
My favorite was former Leafs GM Burke saying he could have gotten JT from the Isles, but refused to throw Schenn into the deal... LOL How the mighty have fallen indeed!
I think there was a quote from Burke about not trading Schenn even if the offer was 10 first round picks. Oooof huh?

Reactions: mrislander82

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
I think there was a quote from Burke about not trading Schenn even if the offer was 10 first round picks. Oooof huh?

Burke was a freakin windbag. I don't think there is anyone that denies that. Schenn was his BFF for about a year. Then he traded him.

The best was when he said he had Morgan Reilly at #1 on his list in the 2012 draft, when of course we grabbed him fifth.

Ironically old wind bag might have been right with that call (yak, murray, reinhart, chucky ahead of him)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad