Waived: Luke Schenn

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I'm usually not the one to make these threads, but couldn't find one anywhere.

The moment I saw this seldom shocked me. I would imagine he would get traded if anything, but I imagine he gets claimed by a team desperate for D. I could see Toronto maybe making a claim for him, but realistically think New Jersey, Edmonton, St. Louis, Florida or Detroit are the potential destinations for him if anything.

Reactions: Dustin

Animal

Oct 10, 2012
I'm usually not the one to make these threads, but couldn't find one anywhere.

The moment I saw this seldom shocked me. I would imagine he would get traded if anything, but I imagine he gets claimed by a team desperate for D. I could see Toronto maybe making a claim for him, but realistically think New Jersey, Edmonton, St. Louis, Florida or Detroit are the potential destinations for him if anything.

why would Toronto need him? They already have an extra RHD in the press box (Justin Holl) and he's probably better than Schenn

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t get claimed. No clue what his contract is like though

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Edmonton? Why would Oilers need him. Too many D (post Bouchard maybe just enough) and they only need a offensive type which Schenn isn’t.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Boston maybe? Until their entire d core comes off the IR?

What happen to this guy.... remember pierre mcgurie going buts over him lmao

He was drafted right on the cusp of a major game style change which favours players like Rielly, Krug and Chabot aka the exact opposite of what Schenn is.

That's not Schenn's fault. If he was drafted 4 years later, he would have fallen quite a bit. Just the way it goes.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Yep, familiar with Schenn and just lost Demers for the year. Makes too much sense to re-acquire Schenn for free.
Except for the part where they're already at 50 contracts. :laugh:

I keep forgetting that. I guess Chayka gets to make another deck chair shuffling trade.

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
I don't hate the thought of him coming back to T.O Haven't seen him play much recently so maybe he's worse than I remember but could be a decent 6/7 physical dman to have in the mix

NastyKnies

Feb 20, 2010
Canada
I can't believe he's already played over 700 games. Could have been a real solid player with better development. Instead of telling him to gain weight, the Leafs should have had him focus on his skating.
He wasn’t an all star in junior either lmao he’s always been a shut down guy

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Hard to say if he'll get claimed. Schenn might be okay for playoff depth but i don't know if teams will be looking to shore that up in mid November.
I didn't think he was too bad in the games i've watched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->