Waived: Luke Schenn

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I can't believe he's already played over 700 games. Could have been a real solid player with better development. Instead of telling him to gain weight, the Leafs should have had him focus on his skating.

Sure, but let's not act like he didn't have a decade in the league to lose weight and work on his skating.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
How many bottom of the roster guys did ANA sign this offseason that have now been waived?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
He'll be claimed.

I can see the Blues, Bruins and maybe even potentially the Leafs...being interested.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Really hope the leafs take him. Could use a RHD and his toughness especially is a huge need. We legit have not an ounce of intimidation of the team.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Really hope the leafs take him. Could use a RHD and his toughness especially is a huge need. We legit have not an ounce of intimidation of the team.

You're right in that we dont have any intimidation, but the leafs forward group has surprisingly been more physical than I thought.

Hyman/Kadri/Kapanen/Johnsson/Leivo/Gauthier are all pretty feisty.

But defensively you're right, I dont think we have that toughness. Especially from Oziganov who has shown no signs to even make a body check. At the very least, Luke Schenn gets a look in Oziganov's spot but if he sucks, just waive him again.

I've also been advocating to trade for Gudas at the trade deadline, assuming Luke Schenn doesnt get claimed and/or just plain sucks

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
You're right in that we dont have any intimidation, but the leafs forward group has surprisingly been more physical than I thought.

Hyman/Kadri/Kapanen/Johnsson/Leivo/Gauthier are all pretty feisty.

But defensively you're right, I dont think we have that toughness. Especially from Oziganov who has shown no signs to even make a body check. At the very least, Luke Schenn gets a look in Oziganov's spot but if he sucks, just waive him again.

I've also been advocating to trade for Gudas at the trade deadline, assuming Luke Schenn doesnt get claimed and/or just plain sucks

I really always like Schenn. I loved his physicality and willingness to stick up for teammates. I didn’t find him that bad as a player either and was quite impressed with him in Arizona at times where I watched. Him over Oz in Babcocks system could be interesting and it’s a waiver pickup at the end of the day a free asset.

Our forwards can hit yes but when it comes to someone answering the bell it’s not there and our forwards and quite small and wouldn’t want them fighting anyways. Kadri the one one who could shouldn’t be fighting.

What a 2018 it’d be with JVR back to the flyers and Schenn back to the leafs

Reactions: Fixxer and OVO16

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Luke the "Human Eraser" Schenn, "best defensive dman in the NHL" during his tenure in Toronto? How the mighty have fallen.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Honestly thought he was just fine on the bottom pair but I guess they went to give those minutes to the younger guys.

Agreed. Ducks want to see more of the AHL callups. Schenn wasn't garbage like Sustr. Schenn brought some physicality to the third pair, they should have kept him around.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Dallas and Boston are both hurting with D injuries, but I dont see Nill claiming him. We already have the legend that is Polak

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
What value? JVR went for free and you did not win the cup, I say, it was still a nice trade ;)
Winning the cup is now what determines what makes a trade good. Good to know.

NJ is probably very angry over their Hall for Larsson trade now that it is labelled a bad trade. What a day for sports!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad