Luke Schenn

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Been paired with Timonen.

I think they're going to be the 2nd pair defensively behind the Coburn-Grossmann shutdown pair.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
just wondering how he's looked so far this year (in camp). i think we (the leafs )lost this deal,but i guess only time will tell

We will see how he does but looks like he lost weight (no confirmation though), is pairing with the teacher Timonen and has been working with Pronger fixing things that the Leafs told him to do (like how to hold the stick on the pk for instance)

IBLEAF

In the sh-itter @ Scotia bank place
Nov 5, 2009
BARRY'S BAY
Been paired with Timonen.

I think they're going to be the 2nd pair defensively behind the Coburn-Grossmann shutdown pair.

shutdown role is all he knows!!, he couldnt have a better partener imo. i think ill watch this game intead of the sens jets game

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
This is from earlier in the week on Comcast's site (mute the volume, ad plays):

Each day between now and the Flyers’ first game, Tim Panaccio and Sarah Baicker will take a stab at answering one big question facing the 2012-13 Philadelphia Flyers.

Today's question: Can Luke Schenn find a happy balance between being a physical defenseman without also turning the puck over?

Tim: Big and physical. Not the swiftest skater around. Certainly not in Erik Gustafsson’s league for puck movement. That would describe Luke Schenn, who has the size of Luke Richardson, but still lacks the fear factor that Richardson presented in his prime as a hard hitter. The Flyers expect Schenn to grow into something along those lines. That he can do it here without the glare of the Toronto spotlight where every little mistake was magnified should serve to help Schenn get comfortable in his role. That he will have his brother, Brayden, around adds another measure of comfort as these two talked almost every day in their careers from opposite cities. Given the fragile state of the Flyers’ blue line because of injuries and the loss of valuable veteran expertise, his “growth” factor this season could be pivotal for the defense.

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phi...-Flyers-Luke-Schenn?blockID=822183&feedID=695

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
He deflected a puck into his own end, while blocking his goalie's vision. Same old Schenn!

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
i miss these threads that are just a players name

welcome back hockey

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I missed the first period but in the last 2 I find he played pretty well defensively, mostly mistake-free. I don't know who the defenders at the end of the period were but they seemed to struggle at getting a rush started, but then again the whole team looked disorganized at the end of the game and the coach didn't really pull the goalie at the best time.

A bit off-topic and not entirely Schenn related, but overall I think it was a good game from the D and great game from the whole team itself and especially Bryz based on the last 2 periods I watched. You guys must be so happy to have a great team, I'm not sure what I can expect from my habs but it certainly isn't a deep playoff run (or the playoffs at all) unless we squeeze into the playoffs again like in 2010 and have another lucky cinderella run. Enjoy your awesome team Flyers fans and good luck in the season!

bp spec

Jun 7, 2010
I've mostly heard bad things about Luke, or Luck as our Swedish announcer called him all game long. But I think he was pretty good. Sure he made a mistake on the first goal, but I have a quite good feeling about him after his first game in orange and black.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I thought he had a good game. He takes himself out of position sometimes with hits, but he has Kimmo backing him up and there is nothing wrong with hitting a few Penguins!!

CootaRoo

Oct 18, 2012
Maybe offtopic, maybe not (since he is a big part of it), but did anyone else notice how little our d was pinching along the boards overall - even in the late stages of the game? Is that part of Snider's new edict or is it an adjustment by Lavi due to having a slower blueline?

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
Kennedy credited with the goal. So no.

It almost doesn't matter. He was where he was on the ice, with his stick where it was. That was either a mistake or it wasn't. Whether the puck actually touched him or not is almost a matter of luck and doesn't determine whether he was doing what he should've been on the play.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Maybe offtopic, maybe not (since he is a big part of it), but did anyone else notice how little our d was pinching along the boards overall - even in the late stages of the game? Is that part of Snider's new edict or is it an adjustment by Lavi due to having a slower blueline?

Thought I was the only one that saw this exact thing. It has to be. The past few years with Lavy the team always pitched forward. Only a few times did they do it yesterday

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
I thought he played well. He seems to be in alot better shape than he was last year. Kimmo and he played well together. I really like our top five defensemen and Luke will be a very steady player for us for years to come. Just give him time, remember he is not Bobby Orr just a good steady hard nosed hockey player who will fit in rather well here in Philly.

lordsithis

Jul 25, 2010
Leafs fan here...what do you guys think of Schenn?

I know its only been two games, but what you've seen so far how do you feel about the trade?

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I know its only been two games, but what you've seen so far how do you feel about the trade?
Schenn is ok. he's a little slow footed. He's still young, so we have a few years. Coburn didn't become consistent before 25/26. He's made a few nice plays so far, and had a couple out of position penalties.

Its hard with JVR, he's probably the better player, but he was hurt all last year, so who knows what he really is. He definitely plays too much like he is 180, not 220.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Get used to seeing JVR not use his size for a month, have a great game where he's dominant and you think he's finally realized what he can do...and then he reverts back to the norm.

My understanding of Schenn based on what Leafs fans were saying is that we should get used to him taking out of position penalties because of his stone feet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad