Player Discussion Luke Kunin

Status
Not open for further replies.

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
I liked this game this weekend. He looked to shoot more and tried to make some plays. I would like to see him create turnovers and attack on transition more. I'm not sure if he has the quickness that I once thought. Perhaps he lost a step from last year?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I liked this game this weekend. He looked to shoot more and tried to make some plays. I would like to see him create turnovers and attack on transition more. I'm not sure if he has the quickness that I once thought. Perhaps he lost a step from last year?
He looked faster last game than any other game I can remember.

Reactions: 57special

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I always thought speed was something he lacked when watching him in the past, his first game up looked like much of the same, but he showed a quickness I had never seen from him before vs the Flames.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Exactly. I thought he had average speed in the past, but he looked above average last game. Exciting development. Wild need all the speed they can get.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
NHL is very much stop-and-go hockey, and JEE doesn't have much explosiveness. Kunin on the other hand has a lot quicker feet.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I certainly can't say he's been bad, because I've missed half the games and no one else is scoring, but zero points in seven games sure isn't inspiring.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Tell me who has any points /

The fact that no one has been scoring lately isn't a defense for any one individual player. They all need to be scoring, Kunin included. They're NHL players. It's their job, regardless of how experienced they are.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
The fact that no one has been scoring lately isn't a defense for any one individual player. They all need to be scoring, Kunin included. They're NHL players. It's their job, regardless of how experienced they are.
I totally agree but Kunin has been there 2 games
Where's all the 6 million dollar men

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I totally agree but Kunin has been there 2 games
Where's all the 6 million dollar men

Kunin has played 7 games and hasn't been a threat to get on the score sheet even once.
Again, just because guys like Nino, Zucker, Staal, Coyle and Koivu aren't scoring doesn't mean Kunin should get a pass. It doesn't work that way. If those guys aren't scoring, guys like Kunin, Greenway, Ek, need to step up.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Kunin has played 7 games and hasn't been a threat to get on the score sheet even once.
Again, just because guys like Nino, Zucker, Staal, Coyle and Koivu aren't scoring doesn't mean Kunin should get a pass. It doesn't work that way. If those guys aren't scoring, guys like Kunin, Greenway, Ek, need to step up.
A 21 yr old playing 3rd line at 925k
26 - 30+ yr olds making 5,6,7000,000 a year

Who should be picking up who ?

No excuses for Kunin but 20 Kunin, EK or Greenways' = Nino, Zucker, Koivu and Staal.....Think about that for a minute

Bottom line are the veterans need to pick up their game and start earning their pay.

Reactions: nt3005

Rask Decisions

Don't take it too seriously
Jul 6, 2006
Keansburg NJ
Time to pull the plug on Kunin and Ek before the rest of the league figures out that they're busts.

It's not all Kunin's fault but it's extremely unlikely he develops into more than a 3rd line forward.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
A 21 yr old playing 3rd line at 925k
26 - 30+ yr olds making 5,6,7000,000 a year

Who should be picking up who ?

No excuses for Kunin but 20 Kunin, EK or Greenways' = Nino, Zucker, Koivu and Staal.....Think about that for a minute

Bottom line are the veterans need to pick up their game and start earning their pay.
It's not a blame game. We're not blaming Kunin for the team's failure. The veterans are blamed for that, and they should be.

That has almost nothing to do with Kunin's performance.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, on a positive note, I've thought Kunin hasn't looked out of place. His skating has surprised me. Looks above average. He's gritty, plays smart, and both ways. He will not be a bust. It just remains to be seen if he has any offense to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad