Player Discussion Luke Kunin

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
we are going with the motto of hard work beats talent when talent doesnt work hard. 12 3rd line forwards with more heart than anyone is how we will win!
They're getting real close to that number. A little improvement from Rask and Eriksson Ek, and they're probably over it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I’d still give Zucker+12 if both Zegras and Turcotte are on the board at 7/8.
Not me. I'll take Krebs at #12. Skilled, smart, two way, and apparently doesn't take games off. Great character, and chosen as Team Canada captain.
Would rather get a later 1st for Zucker. I like a lot of guys later on.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not me. I'll take Krebs at #12. Skilled, smart, two way, and apparently doesn't take games off. Great character, and chosen as Team Canada captain.
Would rather get a later 1st for Zucker. I like a lot of guys later on.

Krebs still might not be there at 12.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't know that I'd say Coyle ever took shifts off, but confidence often seemed to undercut his effectiveness. Kunin seems cockier.
Yup. Coyle has more physical talent, but i think Kunin is stronger mentally.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Yup. Coyle has more physical talent, but i think Kunin is stronger mentally.
Idk i can see them a lot more equal in regard to physical talent. Coyle is obviously bigger but i think iv seen Kunin play a big boy game better than Coyle ever has while rocking a lasor.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Kunin seems like a USA Hockey guy through and through, so it's not all that surprising that they invited him or that he accepted.

I half expected him to take a break after coming back from ACL surgery, playing almost a full season between Minnesota and Iowa and then two AHL playoff rounds, but it really speaks to his work ethic that he just wants to keep going. I just hope he doesn't overdo it because the last thing he needs is another injury to put a bump in his development path.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yah, that's my worry. He should be resting/healing up.Reminds me of Parise a few years ago.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
His ability to get off his shot recently has me hopeful that he might end up being a RHS scorer that this team so desperately needs. He might not be an elite scorer, but even a 20 goal scorer would be welcome.

Donato, OTOH...well, it's still early.

hockeyenthusiast10

Dec 14, 2017
He reminds me of Joe Pavelski so much -- Somewhat of a better skater but I see a ton of similarities. Although, I don't think he'll ever hit the scoring numbers Joe got, just by virtue of being on the Wild and the system we play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad