Prospect Info: Luke Hughes - part IV (final)

Devil made me do it

Nov 28, 2009
California
Luke's zone entry impresses me. It's a different style from Jack's but just as effective. He cut through Canes' defense with ease. It looked like in that movie Inception where everyone was on pause and Luke just cut through the defense. He has elite offensive hockey sense and skills. And he seemed determined and very competitive during his shifts. With enough experience and coaching, this kid has Norris calibre potential. Again, judging by the eye test. He was positionally sound throughout the games. I really liked what I saw from him.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Luke is pretty much off prospect status now so I’m tempted to leave this closed but it is the offseason and he’s still only played a handful of games. If you guys continue to go over the top either trolling or personally attacking posters be prepared for warnings and thread bans before we do close it for good (likely when he’s on the Opening Night roster)

Reactions: Lou is God

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Luke is pretty much off prospect status now so I’m tempted to leave this closed but it is the offseason and he’s still only played a handful of games. If you guys continue to go over the top either trolling or personally attacking posters be prepared for warnings and thread bans before we do close it for good (likely when he’s on the Opening Night roster)
Are there new rules that prevent player discussion on the boards, and only talk prospects? Seems like an odd reason to close a thread regardless if they are considered a prospect.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Are there new rules that prevent player discussion on the boards, and only talk prospects? Seems like an odd reason to close a thread regardless if they are considered a prospect.
It’s not new, we just don’t want fifteen player threads (plus all the prospect ones) to clutter the board with the same stuff getting talked about in the team thread as well and all the potential cross discussions that result - ie debating Timo’s contract in a Bratt thread. Some boards have player specific threads, we’re pretty active compared to most though

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Oh now he’s a good hockey player and not just a guy we overdrafted because of Jack? Progress.

She has the same problem a lot of people do here, she’s so invested in being right she can’t flip flop - and she made it publicly personal on top of it.

Does she even have a job in hockey anymore after filing the discrimination complaint with Vancouver?

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ

Because why not trigger this conversation again lol. A random Devils twitter fan appeared on my timeline calling out Doerrie on something and she responded to them. They then took the opportunity to ask her thoughts on Luke to which she said the above. Sticking to her guns I guess :laugh:

She’s a miserable wench who thinks she’s the smartest person in the room but can’t hold a job for more than a year.

FascinationStreet

Dec 6, 2021
She shouldn't have a platform, but since she does I hope all will continue to make a mockery of her like she deserves.
Oh now he’s a good hockey player and not just a guy we overdrafted because of Jack? Progress.

She has the same problem a lot of people do here, she’s so invested in being right she can’t flip flop - and she made it publicly personal on top of it.

Does she even have a job in hockey anymore after filing the discrimination complaint with Vancouver?
imagine how nicely she could just exist in the pseudo analyst twittersphere had she not chose to die on that hill. Bring the receipts or don't say anything at all, its that simple.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Because why not trigger this conversation again lol. A random Devils twitter fan appeared on my timeline calling out Doerrie on something and she responded to them. They then took the opportunity to ask her thoughts on Luke to which she said the above. Sticking to her guns I guess :laugh:

Good lord. Remember that she was being interviewed for what Vancouver should take with their 9th pick in the 2021 draft. (The OEL/ Garland/ cap dump trade was draft day trade.)

So yeah, she was chuckling that NJ was going to be dumb enough to take Luke at 4th but was arguing against him at 9th, because of her “character recon” of a 17 year old.

I don’t want her to be dog piled on Twitter but yikes.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Y’all realize that this is exactly what people who clamor for attention want right? It is essentially the definition of “rent free”.

Just ignore the noise and it will go away.
Yeah, I wish we’d stop posting her. I get it’s entertaining but it’s feeding her lol, she’s backtracking now, people should just ignore it and stop talking about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad