Waived: Luke Gazdic (Cleared)

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Sorry Luke we don't need ya.

Davidson? Sweeeet!

Does this mean we can send Reinhart back down in a few days when Klefbom comes back? Or does Clendessing just become a bench warmer?

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth

Davidson? Sweeeet!

Does this mean we can send Reinhart back down in a few days when Klefbom comes back? Or does Clendessing just become a bench warmer?

Reinhart hasn't looked all that bad in these two games. Not a top 4, but not that bad. I hope he gets a few more games in.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
But even then, Hendricks still got the **** kicked out of him by Gudbranson. And that was after already having fought after the hit on Ekblad in the first game.

Once Gudbranson filled in Hendricks it's not like Thornton would have made him fight also.

For Gazdic to have any sort of an impact in that game he would have needed to make it so Hendricks didn't need to fight at all.

Hendricks is a stand up guy, he probably wouldn't have let Luke step in unless it was against Thornton.

Wasn't fast or agile enough to hit anyone.

I'm sure he'll be back in a couple weeks, though.

Even when he lined guys up he rarely tried to follow through hard IMO.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Davidson? Sweeeet!

Having too many defencemen that have looked decent lately is a problem we haven't had in forever.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
But even then, Hendricks still got the **** kicked out of him by Gudbranson. And that was after already having fought after the hit on Ekblad in the first game.

Once Gudbranson filled in Hendricks it's not like Thornton would have made him fight also.

For Gazdic to have any sort of an impact in that game he would have needed to make it so Hendricks didn't need to fight at all.

That's because there was a "gentlemans agreement" made between Gadzic and Thronton during the pre skate. Thornton and Gadzic did not need to fight if Hendo drops the gloves vs Guds. And they would be done with it.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
The right move, but still sucks.. I've always liked Gazdic and clearly his teammates do as well. I hope he gets claimed so he can stay in the NHL because I bet this will be his last stint with the Oilers.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I'm glad he cleared. Everyone hates him, but I like the guy. Glad he's still with the organization. He needs to work on being a mean son of a ***** down in the AHL. If he gets called up again, he needs to start hammering people, and busting noses.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'm glad he cleared. Everyone hates him, but I like the guy. Glad he's still with the organization. He needs to work on being a mean son of a ***** down in the AHL. If he gets called up again, he needs to start hammering people, and busting noses.

Pretty much this exactly. Good guy, good teammate, but he needs to play bigger. Gazdic, Kessy, Moroz, lots of beef in the BAKO lineup! Speaking of which it'll be interesting to see how Luke does against those guys statistically to see how close/far they are from a spot on the 4th line or PB. And oh yeah, Khaira who has had a burr in his saddle this season! :yo:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

I dont think anybody hates him...nice guy...terrible hockey player.

He cant handle the puck but if he at least hit then he would have some value...he doesnt even do that.

There is no point in playing him at the NHL level.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Pretty much this exactly. Good guy, good teammate, but he needs to play bigger. Gazdic, Kessy, Moroz, lots of beef in the BAKO lineup! Speaking of which it'll be interesting to see how Luke does against those guys statistically to see how close/far they are from a spot on the 4th line or PB. And oh yeah, Khaira who has had a burr in his saddle this season! :yo:

Hopefully his teammates, and the AHL itself reminds Gaz how he got to the show in the first place.

I dont think anybody hates him...nice guy...terrible hockey player.

He cant handle the puck but if he at least hit then he would have some value...he doesnt even do that.

There is no point in playing him at the NHL level.

Yeah, hates him as a player, not a person. He gets a lot of heat around here. But yeah, he really does need to be more physical. Gaz hits less than Hallsy.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Yeah, hates him as a player, not a person. He gets a lot of heat around here. But yeah, he really does need to be more physical. Gaz hits less than Hallsy.

If he doesnt hit he is basically a useless player.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton

He can't hit anyone because he is too slow to catch them. There isn't a place for a player like Gazdic in the NHL anymore.

Nice guy but I hope we don't see him on the Oilers again.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If Gazdic's hits go up I suspect his PIM's go up. Too slow to catch guys and would be making late hits.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter

I don't even get why Hendricks had to fight him. He was suspended. He lost money for that hit. Why does he have to go into a game and get his face punched in as well under the risk of additional injury? Honestly this ****ing league just baffles me sometimes.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I don't even get why Hendricks had to fight him. He was suspended. He lost money for that hit. Why does he have to go into a game and get his face punched in as well under the risk of additional injury? Honestly this ****ing league just baffles me sometimes.

The thing that annoyed me was that he already had answered for it, but because he won that fight, he had to fight again

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
The thing that annoyed me was that he already had answered for it, but because he won that fight, he had to fight again

That was a pretty ****ing funny sequence though. Campbell crosschecks Hendo, then slinks of to the bench to let Shaw get beat up in his absence. :laugh:

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
No they are not all big boys, That attitude got hemsky crushed every year for about 10 years, got hall into a fight that put him out for the years, got rnh into a fight that got him hurt, got draisiatlcrushed in one of his 1st games, got gagners face broken, got mcdavid crushed in one of his 1st games ever.

this team just wastes opportunities to send messages each year we are in the basement, a time when you make sure teams know you do NOT f*** with us. but nope, our strategy is to have our young skilled guys 'stick up for themselves' to disastrous results.

Most of us on these forums have played hockey and should know that you are much more effective when you know you have someone that will have your back if not take things into their hands if things get nasty.

I'm not going to trumpet Gazdic as the beacon of a good tough guy but the oilers as an org fall flat on their ***** in this year year after year.
Solid post Beerfish. Especially agree with the bolded section.
Look no further than last game, and Reinhart, getting dummied by Foligno right in front of his own net. :shakehead

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Laraque used to beat up what'shisface every time the Wild were in town, and he'd still try to take runs at Hemsky from across the arena.

At the same time, Gazdic had opportunities to "stick up" for his team mates this year, and he didn't do it (see: Benn's treatment of Nilsson at the start of the year while Gazdic was on the ice).

McDeathbyCheerios*

Fighting doesn't prevent anything in the nhl anymore.

Hard hits in return can but Gazdic doesn't hit and isn't good enough to catch a player to hit them.

He isn't even a pest

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Laraque used to beat up what'shisface every time the Wild were in town, and he'd still try to take runs at Hemsky from across the arena.

At the same time, Gazdic had opportunities to "stick up" for his team mates this year, and he didn't do it (see: Benn's treatment of Nilsson at the start of the year while Gazdic was on the ice).

Derek Boogaard

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
as we showed Ottawa tonight, guess we don't really Gazdick's services anymore. and it seems to me that he hasn't been the same fighter he was since he had his shoulder injury.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Luke seems like a great guy. I hope he can succeed at the ahl level at least and still have a career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad