Waived: Luke Gazdic (Cleared)

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I like Gazdic and still think we need him around, I hope he does not get claimed.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I don't think he made the Oilers any harder to play against.

didn't watch him much at all though. just the feeling i got.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Gazdic is a better fighter and has an impeccable reputation off ice. I would agree that Kassian brings more to the table overall if he stays the course character wise.

Except for the part where Gazdic doesn't fight.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Not that I'll miss Gazdic but I am kinda surprised they didn't just reassign Reinhart.

Defense probably going to look very different tomorrow night compared to yesterday.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
On the ice, Gaz will not be missed. Off the ice however, he will be missed quite a bit... The tough guy that all the teammates love. I bet Connor wouldn't wanna see him go.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I'm surprised. Thought the NHL was going in the direction of the 1st game, 1st shift, 1st shot, 1st goal type of player.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
On the ice, Gaz will not be missed. Off the ice however, he will be missed quite a bit... The tough guy that all the teammates love. I bet Connor wouldn't wanna see him go.

This is my only concern, albeit a minor one. After seeing how much the stars rally around an enforcer like Scott this past weekend, I hope removing Gazdic from the roster doesn't ruffle the feathers of guys like Hall and McDavid (who are his room mates, correct?).

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
He needs to work on his game and become an effective contributor even if that's not the reason he's going down

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I like Gazdic and still think we need him around, I hope he does not get claimed.

For cooking meals for McDavid and ???

He seems like a great guy but there's nothing he does to help the team, doesn't even fight much anymore or play physical.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Team just got better. Seems like a good character guy but he's not near good enough to be in the NHL.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
He is a terrible hockey player, among the worst in the league, so I'm glad to see him waived. Hopefully he gets claimed so we get another contract spot.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Oilers are moving in right direction, slowly but surely. Gazdic was a good teammate but he wasnt a good player. Kassian is a much, much better player and fills a same role. Gryba too can what Gazdic did. And he can be trusted out there as a bottom pairing guy.

All the best to Gazzy. I liked him, but team needs better players in bottom 6

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
This is good because Davidson is a great player to get back.

But I was also hoping for Prust as a replacement for Gazdic. Maybe we see an AHL swap with Prust coming up after a forward is traded.

I dunno. I want it to happen but I recognize Prust won't solve any problems here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad