Sportsnet: Luke Fox: Leafs have kicked tires on Jack Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
I don’t trust Dubas to make any trades to be honest. I really don’t like what he has done and the backup goalie has been going for two years, we actually had a good one and let him go. You guys love Dubas, I think he is completely over rated.

Reactions: noway

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I don’t trust Dubas to make any trades to be honest. I really don’t like what he has done and the backup goalie has been going for two years, we actually had a good one and let him go. You guys love Dubas, I think he is completely over rated.
What trades don't you like?
Muzzin?
Got rid of Zaitsev?
Kadri?
Marleau? (That was Lou's shitty contract)

I get not liking some of his signings, but i think he's been decent at trades.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
So Derek Forbort?
I didn't say the player had to come from LA. You didn't include an option of "able to play top 4 minutes and slide up to top pair if need be".

In my opinion, the Leafs are really hoping to get a poor man's top pair RHD...a guy that is 2nd pair elsewhere, but because of our defensive ineptitude, would play top pair here. Not your prototypical top pair D, just something better than the sewage we have now.

cgarn

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto

Extremely Overrated.

Some people call him a wunderkid and smart.

Brock U is last chance University. Wonder who went there?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Extremely Overrated.

Some people call him a wunderkid and smart.

Brock U is last chance University. Wonder who went there?
Yes...this is an amazing measuring stick when judging someone. Tell me, where did you go to University? And what OHL team were you a GM of? And at 34...what NHL team are you GM of?

Edit: And whatever University you did attend? Should have done a better job, it's not "wunderkid" it's wonderkid.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Oh I know. The thought was if the Leafs were trading for Campbell, the Kings could include a dman to increase the value for a better return and it'd kill 2 birds with 1 stone for the Leafs.
I get it, but that value was mentioned as Kapanen. I would rather do 2 deals...a pick(s) for a backup, and Kapanen(+) for D. Looking at this thread, i have no problem trading for Campbell from LA, but you don't have a D i would move Kapanen for.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Most interesting thing is that Jack Campbell, who was considered a bust at one point, was able to get his game back on track.

From ECHL, to career AHL’er to NHL back up.

In Toronto he could make the return journey just as easily, hopping over our prospects on the way down.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
In Toronto he could make the return journey just as easily, hopping over our prospects on the way down.
That could happen with any young backup we acquire...it's why i wouldn't do some of the proposed ideas on this site. There is zero guarantee a young goalie will ever pan out.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I get it, but that value was mentioned as Kapanen. I would rather do 2 deals...a pick(s) for a backup, and Kapanen(+) for D. Looking at this thread, i have no problem trading for Campbell from LA, but you don't have a D i would move Kapanen for.

Curious as to what D you think you can get for Kapanen, I heard Dumba and Larsson bandied about, I just don't see it.

cgarn

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Yes...this is an amazing measuring stick when judging someone. Tell me, where did you go to University? And what OHL team were you a GM of? And at 34...what NHL team are you GM of?

Edit: And whatever University you did attend? Should have done a better job, it's not "wunderkid" it's wonderkid.

If you need to know I am a CPA and run my own practice. Live in a mortgage free Toronto home and drive a Mercedes.

I have my own beliefs and don't follow the masses. If I don't like a client I show them the door.

I also do alot of charity work for low income families.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

It's actually wunderkind

Definition of WUNDERKIND

I think the Kings and Leafs could be natural partners here and the kings are in a position to take some salary off their hands too.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
If you need to know I am a CPA and run my own practice. Live in a mortgage free Toronto home and drive a Mercedes.

I have my own beliefs and don't follow the masses. If I don't like a client I show them the door.

I also do alot of charity work for low income families.
Well done, i also live in Toronto (yes, mortgage free) and am a practicing partner in Toronto law firm. My car? Well, i'm a gear head, so right now i drive my Wife's Cayenne, but my baby is my Hellcat.

The only reason i posted that was i found it odd to judge a 34 year old that's moved up in his industry quite rapidly by where he went to school.

What he's accomplished or how he operates would be open to debate.

Last edited:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
It's actually wunderkind

Definition of WUNDERKIND

I think the Kings and Leafs could be natural partners here and the kings are in a position to take some salary off their hands too.
Well honk my hooter, i stand corrected and absolutely own that mistake. My apologies. It's not a phrase/word i use...guess i shouldn't have assumed.

as far as the trade, for Campbell, i actually agree with you.

And my apologies to @cgarn for calling him out with my blunder.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I think that is fair value . Sign me up
Ya, with the backup goalies being mentioned Georgiev/Campbell/Dell, Geo would hold the highest value...my ideas would be:
Georgiev for 2nd+3rd+ prospect
Campbell for 3rd+ or as high as 2nd
Dell 3rd (not as much as Campbell due to Campbell having term and being a couple years younger)

Then you could look at vets like Crawford/Lehner/Miller/Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad