Sportsnet: Luke Fox: Leafs have kicked tires on Jack Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Luke Fox recently wrote an article for Sportsnet, in it he has Sportsnet has Learned that the Leafs hve kicked ties on Jack Campbell.

Now I don't think Freddie's injury has much to do with that, I think they have probably. been talking about him for a while, but I wouldn't be surprised if talks picked up now, although to be fair we don't know how bad Freddie injury all we know is he passed concussion testing last night.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Just curious - Link?

Eight goalie trade options the Maple Leafs should explore - Sportsnet.ca

Article lists eight potential targets, but has this spiel on Campbell:

Jack Campbell, Los Angeles Kings

With veteran Jonathan Quick signed to a nearly impossible-to-trade contract and 25-year-old Cal Petersen knocking at the door, the rebuilding Kings might be willing to part with Campbell.

We’ve learned that Dubas has kicked tires on the 28-year-old, who carries a friendly $675,000 cap hit this season, before his raise kicks in. Campbell’s AAV goes up to $1.65 million for 2020-21 and 2021-22.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Campbell is cheap , signed for 2 more years and used to playing behind a team that hangs him out to dry regularly while still not looking awful . Sounds ideal to me for the Leafs.

Kings do know Leafs are deperate for a backup so i don't think the price will be cheap.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
He'd be my target.

But that's assuming we can get him at a reasonable price. Aka at max a 3rd+something small

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Greiss and Dal Colle for Kapanen! Fire up the fax machine Kyle! Lou to the rescue!

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Campbell is cheap backup and if f Anderson was healthy it is fine. If Anderson is out say 3 weeks these next games against poor competition become more scary.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No, you don't trade Kapanen for a backup goalie...you trade him for defense.
Pretty much this.... if your moving kapanen for a back up your doing something wrong.

And most backups are going to struggle behind that defense... fix the defense with your better assets, and look for a goalie you can get for a 3rd or 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad