Sportsnet: Luke Fox: Leafs have kicked tires on Jack Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
It comes down to the fact Bracco has done very little in nhl which is the perfect prospect to be added to this deal. Personally I am not a huge fan however getting him out of leaf nation will stop him from being in every deal i read from your fan base
Well then, 3rd+Bracco it is.:thumbu:

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I'm not sure if he is, or isn't....but he's been posting Kapanen for backup goalies in multiple threads...so he shouldn't be.

Every fan base has its extremes ( a good part of the kings fan base will say i m it for them lol not that i care) My curiosity would the leaf be interested in one Kyle Clifford for cup experience locker room culture and physical on ice who can score ?

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Every fan base has its extremes ( a good part of the kings fan base will say i m it for them lol not that i care) My curiosity would the leaf be interested in one Kyle Clifford for cup experience locker room culture and physical on ice who can score ?
Clifford has a career high of 21 points. No one should looke at Clifford as a guy who can score.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Clifford has a career high of 21 points. No one should looke at Clifford as a guy who can score.
he play less the 10 mins a games most nights show me a 4th line player on the leafs that does this Also plays a 2 ways game. Most important he ll stand up for his team mates something the leafs desperately need imo

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
he play less the 10 mins a games most nights show me a 4th line player on the leafs that does this Also plays a 2 ways game. Most important he ll stand up for his team mates something the leafs desperately need imo
I don't think that a player who plays 10 minutes a game is something the Leafs should be moving Kapanen for. He won't be on the ice enough to make a difference.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
IF Toronto was going to deal Kapanen, it would be something like Kapanen and Ceci (insert cap dump) for Campbell, Martinez, and a someone like a Brickley, or a Clague, etc, otherwise it doesn't make sense. But this kills two birds for TOR one stone, etc.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Realistically no. Kings should be retaining 50% on this, especially if the Leafs are willing to drop a 3rd+

That concept brings up a couple of further questions.

1. Completely factual, can a team retain salary on a contract that has not started?

2. If the answer to #1 is yes, given that Campbell's contract is 2 years, is the improvement in value you get from him by retaining worth giving up one of your 3 retention slots for the next 2 years? I'd suggest that Jeff Carter would be an ideal candidate for retention... maybe even Dustin Brown.

That being said, if I'm the Leafs, I'd easily trade Columbus' 3rd, Bracco, and one of Toronto's late picks this year for Campbell 50% retained.

Last edited:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Make it a flat 2nd without anything attached and he is yours. If needed, ad some cap dump and make it 2nd + 3rd
the only dump we have is Ceci. And honestly, we can't move him unless we have another deal lined up for D. But ya, that works for me.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Timashov/Bracco + 2021 2nd or 2020 3rd pick is probably the best the leafs could do

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Trading an NHL goalie? Don't expect to hit a home run - a history of mediocrity - TheHockeyNews

A 6 year old article, but still pretty true. Getting the 9th overall pick for Schneider ends up being great for the Canucks, and the Devils barely got a playoff game in the Schneider era. Not all his fault, but hindsight being what it is, what was the point? That's the fickle problem with goalies.

I would very much doubt there will be any home run hit in value for Campbell. They won't get less than they gave up to get him, which was basically nothing, but they're not getting anyone young that can step right into the lineup. He hasn't even played 60 games. Varlamov was younger with as much experience when the Avs traded for him. The Caps got a 1st in 2012 when they traded him in June 2011, not knowing it would end up as either the 11th overall, or as Forsberg. They got very lucky on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad