Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Screenshot_20230326_102448_Instagram.jpg

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
What are his chances to make Buffalo next year? Instead of Savoie and Kulich who I love absolutely both they need to get stronger so I want them back in junior and Rochester respectively. Rousek,Murray,Biro,Weisbach should all get looks.Who has the highest upside fitting in our lineup potentially next year?

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
What are his chances to make Buffalo next year? Instead of Savoie and Kulich who I love absolutely both they need to get stronger so I want them back in junior and Rochester respectively. Rousek,Murray,Biro,Weisbach should all get looks.Who has the highest upside fitting in our lineup potentially next year?
I don't think Adams will "save" a spot for any of those AHL players going into training camp.

Weissbach and Rousek had good camps last year. They may be closest. Could win a spot if there are injuries. Regardless, they are good depth in Rochester as both are exempt from waivers.

Biro doesn't have a career in the NHL. He can't stay healthy.

Reactions: Dingo44

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
I don't think Adams will "save" a spot for any of those AHL players going into training camp.

Weissbach and Rousek had good camps last year. They may be closest. Could win a spot if there are injuries. Regardless, they are good depth in Rochester as both are exempt from waivers.

I agree with Biro..Murray seems to have improved his footwork and speed not sure if it's still an issue but I like his size and goes to the dirty areas

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
On the plus side for him, he made an NHL salary for almost all last year. The Sabres couldn’t send him down to Rochester until he recovered from his injury and surgery.

I'm still impressed by how the staff from both teams have talked about how Rousek worked, his attitude through the physical rehab portion and his general good nature and coachability. He seems like a good guy and it isn't often that a coach talks directly about a guy having the will to do whatever is necessary to win. That's something Apps has said in reference to Rousek. Let's see if he can use that and his physical gifts to make something of himself at the next level, even if he's just a 12/13.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I'm still impressed by how the staff from both teams have talked about how Rousek worked, his attitude through the physical rehab portion and his general good nature and coachability. He seems like a good guy and it isn't often that a coach talks directly about a guy having the will to do whatever is necessary to win. That's something Apps has said in reference to Rousek. Let's see if he can use that and his physical gifts to make something of himself at the next level, even if he's just a 12/13.

Given how fast he looks now after all that, I can only imagine how quick he was before the injury.

Reactions: Chainshot

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
I liked his points, but even moreso, I liked how noticeable he was on every shift. Working the boards, working the front of the net. He's a water bug that knows he needs to outwork his physically larger opponents, and he does it very well.
Literally right before he scored I thought to myself "Wow, look at the guy battle for space in front of the net." Then seconds later gets rewarded with his first NHL goal. There was a lot in his game that I liked and can see in the Sabres lineup for a while.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
I was at last night's game and was very happy to see Rousek score and get an assist. I thought he played a very nice game and never looked out of place. The Sabres have some decisions to make as do some of their players - those decisions could lead to roster openings. I'm hoping that Rousek can earn one of those openings. His first NHL game was a good start in earning a spot next season.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

Exactly. These are depth AHL guys. We need more real NHL depth players

Reactions: Jacob582

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad