Prospect Info: Lukas Rousek, LW, 160th overall, 2019 -- Recalled 3/6

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Wheeler has Rousek as the Sabres #15 prospect in his annual ranking of NHL prospect pools (Sabres are #1)

Wheeler’s 2022 NHL prospect pool rankings: No. 1 Buffalo Sabres – The Athletic

15. Lukas Rousek, RW/LW, 22 (Rochester Americans)
There’s not a lot new to say about Rousek because he hasn’t yet played this season after undergoing knee surgery in the fall. But he was trending in a really promising direction pre-injury, having established himself as a top player in Czechia’s Extraliga level the last two seasons and there was excitement about what he might look like in the AHL this year. Rousek’s not a particularly big or strong player but he plays a game of timing, effort, and skating, which he combines to use to jump in and out of holes, get to loose pucks, get open for chips and passes, and create as equal parts passer and shooter. Health permitting, he should become a top-of-the-lineup AHLer at his floor and a complementary NHL piece at his ceiling (with somewhere in between as tweener probably being the most likely outcome)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Per Duffer's post-Wheeler interview commentary, Lukas is looking at a mid-March return. I'm hoping he hasn't lost anything to his dynamic speed. Duff was glowing in his praise of how the organization thinks the world of how Rousek has approached his rehabilitation.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Tough injury for a guy that was about to make a name for himself. Sometimes this is a growth opportunity for a player to hit the weights hard and maybe create better habits off ice. Lots of skill and speed there.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Wanna give Rousek his just due. He's quietly racked up 6 points in 7 playoff games (2+4) after missing most of the regular season. His impact cannot be denied and his speed up and down the ice really makes a difference. I really liked him with Quinn and Malone last night and look forward to seeing some more of it.

He might make an NHLer of himself yet.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I'm not sure if Rousek will ever be an NHL'er but I think he will light the lamp this season in Rochester.

Reactions: elchud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad