Prospect Info: Lukas Rousek, LW, 160th overall, 2019 -- Recalled 3/6

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Any ideas on how his numbers will translate to North America?

Are they a result of playing on a dominant team in a lower European league or is he a reason for that dominance?

Hemsky001

May 17, 2012
Any ideas on how his numbers will translate to North America?

Are they a result of playing on a dominant team in a lower European league or is he a reason for that dominance?
I would not call the Czech league a lower European league. That's just me though.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I would not call the Czech league a lower European league. That's just me though.

True. And saw that in re-reading the post. Only meant to refer to it as below the NHL, KHL and probably Sweden in terms of the number of players of NHL calibre playing there.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Looks like Rousek's season is over. Finished with 14G, 38P in 49 regular season games + 2G, 6P in 11 playoff matches. Guessing the Sabres will try to get him on an ELC soon.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Have until the end of May to sign him.

Will have a glut? of left shot right-wings, Peterka/Pekar/Rousek. Or at least they all project to be better suited to playing RW.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Assuming we sign Rousek, there should/could be 4 other ELCs (our 1st rounders which ought to be top-3, RyJohnson, JJ Peterka, Kukkonen. And there's a few other non-draft pick options currently in Rochester (Franco, Jones, Luce, Welsh)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Excellent. Always nice to break some dynamic skill set into the team. He of course having speed to burn.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Good signing. He's 22 (double overager when we drafted him), so he's certainly ready for the AHL.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
One of the disappointing things is that Rousek is out long-term with this ACL surgery recovery. That's a 6-month(ish) recovery period so that doesn't put him back on the ice until March at best.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
One of the disappointing things is that Rousek is out long-term with this ACL surgery recovery. That's a 6-month(ish) recovery period so that doesn't put him back on the ice until March at best.

For a Rochester team overloaded with left shot wingers it does give another kid a chance to step up.

Maybe Murray or Peterka play themselves onto the roster post deadline and then Rousek can be eased in. And hopefully Weissbach can establish himself quickly in the AHL.

Pekar and Rousek on the same line, I wonder if they ever were linemates before...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
For a Rochester team overloaded with left shot wingers it does give another kid a chance to step up.

Maybe Murray or Peterka play themselves onto the roster post deadline and then Rousek can be eased in. And hopefully Weissbach can establish himself quickly in the AHL.

Pekar and Rousek on the same line, I wonder if they ever were linemates before...

I don't recall Pekar and Rousek being linemates, but they were on the Czech U-20 team: Czech Republic U20 (all) at eliteprospects.com

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad