Prospect Info: Lukas Jasek - No. 174 pick 2015 Entry Draft

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Not a lot out of the OHL either, which is a reversal from recent years.
For me personally, past the top 6 OHL players, it was slim pickings from the OHL this year. Some very small D men, some big but slow D men and not much talent from the FWDs. So that may be something they found as well.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
For me personally, past the top 6 OHL players, it was slim pickings from the OHL this year. Some very small D men, some big but slow D men and not much talent from the FWDs. So that may be something they found as well.

Agreed. I thought it was a stronger than usual year for the Q and American prospects.

American prospect pool is definitely trending upward in terms of depth and high-end talent.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Poor Ron Delorme. Completely neutered on draft day. Looks like his days could be numbered in Vancouver.

What exactly are you basing this on? This draft looks much like any of our drafts in the 2000s. Delorme did draft skill guys here.

As for this pick, seems solid. On optics, the best pick of the draft outside of the 1st round.

Seems like he had a good Hlinka and a poor U-18.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013

Yea very interesting. Encouraging if they came to the right conclusion on this. Thanks for your input.

Asidas

Jun 15, 2014
vancouver
i like that benning is going for international tourny player stand outs. If they load up the points.. they have a good chance being on respective team for wjc u20s.. and from there if they continue the pace.. can be traded (a la forsling for clendenning)

25Bieksa3

Apr 28, 2009
Vancouver
The more I read about this guy, the more its my favourite one of our picks outside the 1st round.

He sounds like a real boom bust guy, you never know!

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
The more I read about this guy, the more its my favourite one of our picks outside the 1st round.

He sounds like a real boom bust guy, you never know!

I am really liking the Jasek and Zhukenov picks. Both are high skilled players who could be big steals if developed properly.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
What exactly are you basing this on? This draft looks much like any of our drafts in the 2000s. Delorme did draft skill guys here.

So undersized, skill picks from Europe now fall under a potential Delorme umbrella, to go along with the big, talentless guys? Seems like all the basis are covered on that front.

Could you continue to say with a straight face Ron Delorme has been promoted under Jim Benning after seeing this draft play out?

Hard not to like the new directive here. Benning seems to have brought a ton of change to the scouting department and based on the past results with this group in place, that can only be a good thing.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
So undersized, skill picks from Europe now fall under a potential Delorme umbrella, to go along with the big, talentless guys? Seems like all the basis are covered on that front.

Could you continue to say with a straight face Ron Delorme has been promoted under Jim Benning after seeing this draft play out?

Hard not to like the new directive here. Benning seems to have brought a ton of change to the scouting department and based on the past results with this group in place, that can only be a good thing.

Considering Benning, Weisbrod, Crawford, Gilman and Henning are all heavily involved in drafting and Delorme's bosses, I am not sure what proof people need Delorme does not have the same influence in the organization any longer. Probably not since earlier in the Gillis days.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Best value pick of the day for the Canucks. 17 y.o.s who can stick it in men's pro league's are generally good bets. Like the move for skill with Jasek.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
What a change from the 6th round last year. I am very happy to see a swing for the fences pick here. It's like all our complaining and worry was for nothing.

Hopefully all the **** they got from fans last year caused them to rethink. If so, well done fans.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Hopefully all the **** they got from fans last year caused them to rethink. If so, well done fans.

Yeah, based on how the Sbisa extension was handled, it looks like the fans have a major say in how management goes about their business. :laugh:

This was the 1st draft where we can definitively say Benning ran the show and likely had a ton of input throughout. Looks like smarts, skating, shot and willingness to battle and compete played a big role in who they selected. It's not a big or physical group, and like Benning said, upside was going to be a huge factor in which direction they went.

Here's hoping some new eyes can turn some these picks into winners. We're due.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Hlinka Memorial seems to be a strong indicator for Benning. Lukas Jasek outperformed alot of first round picks in that tournament.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Like this pick a lot. Hopefully he comes over to the CHL, and hopefully that doesn't hurt Czech Hockey's butt too much and they still bring him to the WJC.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Looking at the reports it's not clear why Jasek fell so far (or more accurately, was ranked so low)...
Any thoughts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad