GDT: Ludo Dek unu. 10/25, Anaheim en Ottawa, 4:30 pm

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
yes i do.
playoffs last year, hiller is given the crease, and continually blows leads and loses in overtime 3 times. during the season when he was splitting minutes his overall play was better.

when he first signed and had to battle giguere he earned what he got, he was given the spot and his play has been inconsistent ever since

So your thesis is that Hiller needs pressure on him to perform, but he loses in sudden death overtime 3 times in the playoffs, and that means he DOES perform well under pressure? Never mind that the team in front of him pretty much wet the bed on every one of those OT goals, but that's saying the exact opposite of what you were claiming.

His play has been uneven after vertigo, and when the team plays like crap he isn't elite enough to bail them out every time, but then again he isn't paid like an elite goalie, is he?

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
How much of that was due to being down a center I wonder.
Etem, Maroon, Palmieri and Bonino were the forwards whose ice time dropped in the 3rd, but only Palms was so stark.

Koivu was who Boudreau leaned on to replace muffins; his ice time jumped 50%. Winnik and Cogliano, too. Part of that I'm sure was defending the lead.

DaDucks*

I replayed mp22's hit over and over again ... It looked like his shoulder got banged up

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
We were shooting 14.21% on the power play last year(5 on 4). That is unusually high. This year we're shooting 4.23%, which is unusually low.

Tried searching for these stats, couldn't find so could you please provide a link to these stats?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I replayed mp22's hit over and over again ... It looked like his shoulder got banged up

That could explain why BB said after the game he wasn't too bad. It's also consistent with how he was holding himself as he went off the ice.

Then again I believe BB on injuries about the same way I believe anyone spouting that advanced stats are actually statistically significant prognostically

Oct 18, 2011
So your thesis is that Hiller needs pressure on him to perform, but he loses in sudden death overtime 3 times in the playoffs, and that means he DOES perform well under pressure? Never mind that the team in front of him pretty much wet the bed on every one of those OT goals, but that's saying the exact opposite of what you were claiming.

His play has been uneven after vertigo, and when the team plays like crap he isn't elite enough to bail them out every time, but then again he isn't paid like an elite goalie, is he?
My thesis is that he needs to be pushed by someone else to play to his potential

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Update:

Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh 17s
Not official report from Ducks but Perreault had a soft brace covering left hand/wrist area. Told me it's not broken. Probable sprain

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I hope so but i still like Andersen more

I want to see how Andersen looks in a game where the team fails to show up before I make a decision. I want to see how he responds after having a bad game and getting lit up. I want to see if he can stay healthy (my main concern on Fasth).

I agree he looks like a quality player, but he hasn't had to carry the team yet. It is also nice having a keeper who's good playing the puck - that's a huge asset to a team trying to play the transition game the Ducks are.

Carolina fans have a right to be upset (with the player, not with us).

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I want to see how Andersen looks in a game where the team fails to show up before I make a decision. I want to see how he responds after having a bad game and getting lit up. I want to see if he can stay healthy (my main concern on Fasth).

I agree he looks like a quality player, but he hasn't had to carry the team yet. It is also nice having a keeper who's good playing the puck - that's a huge asset to a team trying to play the transition game the Ducks are.

Carolina fans have a right to be upset (with the player, not with us).

If I'm a canes fan, I'm rooting against us. Don't blame them one second. Not sure exactly how that situation went down, but if it's the identical one to ours with Dumbass, then I'd sure as hell hate the Ducks if I were them.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
If I'm a canes fan, I'm rooting against us. Don't blame them one second. Not sure exactly how that situation went down, but if it's the identical one to ours with Dumbass, then I'd sure as hell hate the Ducks if I were them.

Not the same, more like Erixon with Calgary. He just refused to sign, so he went back into the draft. So Anaheim at least had to burn an asset to acquire him. Calgary just got no compensation, but we didn't tamper.

Jul 22, 2012
Good game. Andersen looked awesome. Etem looked better, Lindholm was pretty bad (sorry guys..) and Fowler looked amazing.

Jul 22, 2012
On an off note, do you guys see Andersen surpassing Gibson? I mean, I know Gibson is projected to be better, but man, Andersen has looked lights out.

Jul 22, 2012
I am an Etem fan but you have this reversed...

Really? I had a few drinks during this one :laugh: Not gonna lie. Lindholm had a couple brutal giveaways that I wasnt a fan of. Besides being on the receiving end of a big hit, I thought Etem looked pretty good.

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
On an off note, do you guys see Andersen surpassing Gibson? I mean, I know Gibson is projected to be better, but man, Andersen has looked lights out.

I think Andersen is "the best goalie prospect that no one really knows about". As Skippy said, Gibson is much more hyped, but they both look pretty epic.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I hope so but i still like Andersen more

And last season people were saying we should trade Hiller, because of a hot start from Fasth.

People get way too hot and cold when it comes to our goaltending, and they see what they want to see. One goalie will get excuses, the other will get **** on.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
I think everyone played fine except the powerplay.

Expect the youngsters to have some inconsistancies.... but they are playing against the best the nhl has to offer each night. They have all had more good games than bad.

Etem needs experience... but his work ethic is awesome. Not sure those dont just cancel. acts just like cogs more every game.... and im ok with that.

I hope mp is ok.

Bonino is twice the player he was before last season.

Fowler looked good.

Perry stole a puck and almost put it in the net... thats good stuff.

PLEASE JUST FIX THE POWERPLAY!!!!

HYPNOTISM, A NEW PLAYBOOK... WHATEVER!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad