News Article: Lucic's Classy Goodbye to Boston

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Hated to see Looch traded, probably my favourite player, he will always be a Bruin to me. The ad in the paper was very classy, wish him nothing but the best.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Nobody loved being a Bruin more than Lucic. Hard to see him go.
LA will be my second team this year.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I can understand the trade but I will never be happy about. Looch was one of my favorite Bruins during the 40 some odd years I've been a Bs fan. He might not have been the most talented Bruin during the great stretch they had but there is no denying he more than anyone gave them their identity. I will always root for him no matter what team he's playing for as long as it's not against the Bs. I hope he kills it in LA.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Will always, always always love Milan Lucic.

I know we got a helluva return for him... But that doesn't kill the sting, only balms it a bit.

He's going to be awesome for the Kings. And we will miss him in Boston.

100%!

I will still hold hope, as I did with Boychuk, that he somehow finds his way back here. Affordably of course. At least he found one of the few teams he fits in perfectly. He will thrive there. He and Kopitar will be incredible to watch.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Liked the trade and agreed that it was time to move on... but I'm still gonna miss him big time.

Hey, Looch... do us a favor and score about 10 goals against San Jose this year. :)

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
This is awesome. What a truly class act.

I really believed he was a "foundational" player for us. No bullsh!t.

The team won't be the same. There are only a small handful of players in the league that can offer what he brought.

The guy defined the Bruins identity for half of a decade.

He'll be missed.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
100%!

I will still hold hope, as I did with Boychuk, that he somehow finds his way back here. Affordably of course. At least he found one of the few teams he fits in perfectly. He will thrive there. He and Kopitar will be incredible to watch.

Maybe he has an absolute awful year in LA.

And takes a hometown discount to return.

It won't happen. But we can still hold out hope. :)

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
All the crazy **** around draft day really distracted away from Lucic leaving, only hitting me recently.

Lucic was one of my favourites. I figured it was coming, it's probably the right decision and the return was great.

But it's really tough to see him gone. I'll definitely miss this guy and that feeling when you know he's dialed in and seems capable of anything. I'm happy he's in LA and I think he's going to kill it next season.

I think back to couple of years ago after the finals and it felt like Bergy and Looch were the heart and soul of this team, players that were born to be Bruins and I couldn't have been happier with that going forward.

Wish it could have lasted longer, certainly feels like an era has ended to me anyways. Hope we can build another team I loved as much as those ones because man, we had something special here. The further you feel like you're getting away from that the more you learn to appreciate what you had.

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin
I remember hearing details about him from Colt and loving every word. I even remember Colt's avatar with Lucic's face on a famous Clint Eastwood picture. That sealed the deal.

I waited for him to change his number and a few days after he did, I was at a home game and had to custom order his jersey because the Pro Shop hadn't stocked his jersey that early.

I'll miss him.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Classy gesture. Looch was a great Bruin, and it's sad to see him go. He was great for this franchise.

All the best Milan. :handclap:

Knotty Moog

May 12, 2012
Los Angeles
I'm fortunate enough to be able to watch him live as many times as I want this upcoming year.

I already decided I am wearing my Bruins #17 Jersey to every kings game I go to this year.

All of my game buddies approve

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I will always remember the mod's night out game where me TP and doubleminor met up for a game. We got to see Lucic kick the crap out of Komisarek as a leaf. Great memory I will always remember.

man we are losing our cup winning team one at a time. Going to be a long time before we get a team like that again.

Milan "try and bite my finger" Lucic
David "lead the post season is scoring" Krejci
Nathan "Mr. Clutch" Horton.

Brad "because I felt like it" Marchand
Patrice "Mr. effort" Bergeron
Mark "the jacket" Recchi

Rich "Raptor Jesus" Peverley
Chris "The Cage" Kelly
Michael "The Goalie" Ryder

Merlot - Best 4th line in Hockey
"Sugar" Shawn Thornton
Gregory "Soup" Campbell
Daniel "Yippee" Paille

Zdeno "That 2 liter coke looks small in your hand" Chara
Johnny "Rocket" Boychuk
Andy "The Finger" Ference
Dennis "The German Hammer" Sidenberg
Adam "Darth Quaider" McQuaid
Tomas "I helped just enough" Kaberle

Tim "Bunker" Thomas

fill in
Tyler "one great game" Seguin

man that team was fun to watch. every time we lose one of them it hurts.

lake placid
best 3rd period team in hockey, best 3rd period team in hockey

so many great memories.

Hey that's Tyer "two great games" to you

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Classy move, wish him the best and will always miss him. I am not retiring my "Lucic's crew" t shirt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad