Confirmed with Link: Lucic to LA Kings for 13th pick, Martin Jones and prospect

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I'd have been married at 30 but 2 young ladies in a row said I loved my pals and the bar more. Finally turned away at 35 and married at 37. I do see the point that marriage and kids can tame the beast.

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
Here's my opinion on Lucic and his decline.

26 is too young to get married, have a child and continue to be a power forward. He's going home, putting his daughter to bed and chanting with his wife about how he fights too much.

He should have been out drinking beer with the boys and talking about pounding PK the next game!

I'll bet each and every husband/father on this board will agree!!

Sweeney should include no baby clauses (NBC) when signing players from now on !

camdon

Oct 24, 2008
Cant agree.
I was married at 23. Wasnt too young for me. But then again Ive been relatively mature since my late teens. That is inclusive of not out drinking beers with the boys. I had responsibilities.

But would you agree... That being a power forward may require you to be a little less then mature?

camdon

Oct 24, 2008
Sweeney should include no baby clauses (NBC) when signing players from now on !

HAHA. Never had a child eh?

Do you honestly thing that it didn't play into Tukka's mind when his wife's giving birth to there first child and he's in the playoff's elsewhere?

Obviously... They can't control this, but it must be stressful.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast

Do you honestly thing that it didn't play into Tukka's mind when his wife's giving birth to there first child and he's in the playoff's elsewhere?

If I remember correctly, Tuukka was home when his daughter was born. So no, he wasn't at an away PO game and whatnot.

These guys are professional athletes; they should be able to separate home life, from their "job" life. Sure, they probably think about their kids/babies a lot. But it shouldn't change what their performance is on the ice.

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008
Kings fan here, just looked in to see the Bruins fans take on Looch and was glad to see he's a fan favorite.

I don't get the angst from your perspective, your team is rebuilding and you got the 13th pick in a very good draft along with two pieces for a one year rental.

Personally I was not surprised Miller was moved because he's not a good fit for the Kings defense-first style, but he might do fine out east. He had a lot of buzz with many Kings fans, just not myself for that reason.

Jones is the diamond in the rough in my opinion. He really looked good subbing for Quick and might be a starter. A lot of folks will disregard him due to playing behind their defense but he's big and skilled and it would not surprise me if he becomes a good starter.

This looks to me like a trade both teams win, since the Kings needed a top winger who can play physical now. Just hope he rebounds with a strong year and the Kings can sign him.
We'd be rebuilding if we dealt a 38 year old in Chara, not our 22 year old future on defense in Hamilton. So I wouldn't say we are rebuilding, I'd just say we are incompetent.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
alright, i'm off the ledge after last night, and started sipping the kool aid. I think this move was actually a decent move. Jones can play, not sure what he will cost, but he's a good tender. Miller is a good player too and still fairly young. I won't talk about the picks, although I feel better about them then I did last night.

My thoughts are this, that's a good return for what we saw from Lucic last year. If he finds his game again, then maybe not; but even then; it's only one year of him.

How much did we retain?? I saw that on the trade board, but haven't seen the actual amount.

camdon

Oct 24, 2008
We'd be rebuilding if we dealt a 38 year old in Chara, not our 22 year old future on defense in Hamilton. So I wouldn't say we are rebuilding, I'd just say we are incompetent.

Don't agree with the moves... But I can't imagine Chara's going to want to stick around. My thought is... It's the start to getting Chara/Krejci to wave the no trade clause at the deadline.

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany

I was being facetious. What else is left anyway ? :laugh:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Don't usually follow players when they leave teams. Was a BIG Moss fan but after he left the Pats I was like w/e. When Seguin left I was mad and hurt but didn't really follow him.

Lucic is different he is the reason I am a Bruins fan as an adult.

I was at this game

He is my all time favorite Bruin and Player. Plan on getting one of these and I hope the Kings re-sign him because I would HATE to buy a Lucic Canucks jersey

14a894.jpg

chicoutimicucumber

Aug 4, 2009
I don't hate the Kings either. And this trade was the least sucky thing Sweeney did yesterday (as in we could actually follow his line of reasoning for making it and for the returns he got). But damn, I wasn't ready to see a pic of this jersey yet, not on an emotional level.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
I don't hate the Kings either. And this trade was the least sucky thing Sweeney did yesterday (as in we could actually follow his line of reasoning for making it and for the returns he got). But damn, I wasn't ready to see a pic of this jersey yet, not on an emotional level.

Luc%20LA_zpsdhjapa9v.jpg~original

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
at least sweeney didnt accept vancouvers package of garbage

1. Vancouver tried lots of things on Saturday. It was deep into the Milan Lucic sweepstakes, and apparently circled back to Boston on Saturday to see if the Bruins were still interested in Bieksa. It’s likely they pitched Zack Kassian too, as a kind of Lucic-Lite. Didn’t go anywhere. Could see Boston needing to take a trade time-out, though.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
I am still pissed that Looch is gone.

It stings. But Sweeney's presser tells me he knew there was no way he was going to be able to extend him. He got great return for his value even though he was impending UFA and off a down season. He wasn't afraid to deal a beloved player

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
It stings. But Sweeney's presser tells me he knew there was no way he was going to be able to extend him. He got great return for his value even though he was impending UFA and off a down season. He wasn't afraid to deal a beloved player

I don't see that as a good deal...B's still paying half his salary. It is not good IMO.

Need cap space...trade away one of the core...still pay part of his salary...STUPID:help:

sigh...I am still pissed off about Dougie too.

Maybe in 3 or 4 years Pasta will gave some swell new players to play with.

I see BIG holes now and not much $$$ to get help.

I am not a happy fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad