Confirmed with Link: Lucic to LA Kings for 13th pick, Martin Jones and prospect

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
As a fan of pro sports the only thing I can't handle is a lack of effort. Whether it's Lucic, or Manny or Moss I just don't like you. Manny and Moss both had absolute elite skills that few people alive will ever have. You have to live with these exceptions. Then there is Milan. Good riddance.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Lucic wasn't going to resign here or we weren't going to resign him so if you liked the Boychuk deal
You have to love this one .

The Lucic deal is a very good deal for Boston.

I hope they can find a way to keep Jones under the cap. They will be solid in goal.

Barring a trade for a top 4 defenseman I expect to see Colin Jones in the rotation this season. Very good prospect.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Stupid trade or like all nhl think now a sweeny type trade

I'm going with stupid Sweeney trade.

What sucks is had Sweeney made these trades last week maybe, just maybe Stupid Sweeney Trade could have made into to 2016 words added to the dictionary.

btw- what happened to Lucic? when did this happen:amazed:

I was down at TD Garden placing flowers outside the players lot for Dougie being traded and writing 'I will miss you' in blue chalk and missed it.

captain stone

Jul 10, 2004
Hershey PA
I don't see that as a good deal...B's still paying half his salary. It is not good IMO.

Need cap space...trade away one of the core...still pay part of his salary...STUPID:help:...

I don't get why Sweeney didn't insist that LA absorb all of Lucic's salary or the deal was off, then see who blinks first.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
If you really want it to sink in, watch this

I am really sad now. I know we probably did the right thing in the long run but it hurts now. It's like breaking up with your girl because you know it wont work in the long run even though you want to enjoy each others company in the meantime. :cry: Best of luck Milan! Go Kings out West

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
I am really sad now. I know we probably did the right thing in the long run but it hurts now. It's like breaking up with your girl because you know it wont work in the long run even though you want to enjoy each others company in the meantime. :cry: Best of luck Milan! Go Kings out West

It makes me glad the Kings are my #2 team. I really hope he does well there, especially since, if Seattle gets a team, I'll see them like 3-4 times a year.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
The Lucic deal is a very good deal for Boston.

I hope they can find a way to keep Jones under the cap. They will be solid in goal.

Barring a trade for a top 4 defenseman I expect to see Colin Jones in the rotation this season. Very good prospect.

I agree wholeheartedly. This was a solid trade, even in retaining some salary.

On top of a terrible Hamilton deal, people will lump this in as part of a bad weekend, but on its own it's a win. He got a lot for one year of Lucic.

Kaoz

Apr 8, 2015
I agree wholeheartedly. This was a solid trade, even in retaining some salary.

On top of a terrible Hamilton deal, people will lump this in as part of a bad weekend, but on its own it's a win. He got a lot for one year of Lucic.

I want to preface this by saying I don't know a lot about Colin Miller, hadn't even heard of him until this trade honestly, but how did Boston get a lot for their top line 27 year old left wing who also happens to be one of if not the most physical top 6 player in the game?

A return centered around a mid 1st round pick and an unsigned potential backup goalie doesn't really seem like a great return at all?

Am I missing something here. Is Colin Miller the best defensive prospect not currently playing in the NHL?

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I want to preface this by saying I don't know a lot about Colin Miller, hadn't even heard of him until this trade honestly, but how did Boston get a lot for their top line 27 year old left wing who also happens to be one of if not the most physical top 6 player in the game?

A return centered around a mid 1st round pick and an unsigned potential backup goalie doesn't really seem like a great return at all?

Am I missing something here. Is Colin Miller the best defensive prospect not currently playing in the NHL?

I think the point you're missing is Colin Miller wasn't the key component to the deal.

A) Cap Space
B) Draft Pick

Miller is a nice piece, however I'm not really expecting much from him until I see him play in Boston.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
If you really want it to sink in, watch this

All of those clips were of old Lucic. If that Lucic were still around he never would have got traded. Where is the clip of him getting face washed and declining to fight P.K ****ing Subban last year?

I think LA are in for a bit of a surprise if that's what they are expecting.

Kaoz

Apr 8, 2015
I think the point you're missing is Colin Miller wasn't the key component to the deal.

A) Cap Space
B) Draft Pick

Miller is a nice piece, however I'm not really expecting much from him until I see him play in Boston.

That's even worse. Acquiring cap space isn't much of a return unless you aren't losing anything with the player going out the door, especially when you have players like Chris Kelly on the roster imo. Are we suggesting Lucic was a cap dump? The draft pick was a 13th overall pick and sorry, but with this teams ability to hit on first round picks it really does not seem incredibly appealing when talking about sending Lucic the other way.

I see a few "this was a fantastic deal" posts and I really don't understand them. Hooray, we got a mid 1st, a backup goalie who doesn't have a contract, and an AHL defenseman? Would people think this was a great return had it been for Krejci or did Lucic really far that out of favor with some?

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Happy with this trade. Can't stand how he takes nights off and his whining. Great player but hed want 7m+ for a longgg time and I simply do not think hes worth it.

Getting a 1st round pick and two good prospects is worth it IMO.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I don't get why Sweeney didn't insist that LA absorb all of Lucic's salary or the deal was off, then see who blinks first.

Because he wanted the deal. He was getting more than he (and most folks) probably thought he'd get for a year of Lucic, so it's only right he had to throw in a little more.

That deal is a clear win in my eyes. You'd love to not have to retain, but given the choice of retaining or losing the deal you take the deal.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Happy with this trade. Can't stand how he takes nights off and his whining. Great player but hed want 7m+ for a longgg time and I simply do not think hes worth it.

Getting a 1st round pick and two good prospects is worth it IMO.

We took the heat off Rask and got an offensive D prospect to replace a little bit of what we lose in Dougie and a good 1st round pick. For a guy who will demand a stupid contract next summer and is lazy and a shell of his former self.

Very good trade.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

I'd say you're missing this:

- Lucic had one year left on a deal, was already overpaid, and would be looking to make even more.
- Jones is highly regarded in LA and probably has a shot to be an NHL starter, let alone a proven quality backup.
- I am pretty sure Colin Miller either led the AHL in points by defensemen or was near the top. He's a highly regarded prospect.

Sturm

Jun 25, 2015
Virginia
This was a great deal for the Bruins. It stings seeing him gone after being a force for so long, but he wasn't getting $7 million a year from the Bruins. He's too inconsistent and takes off to many games to be earning that kind of $. For a supposed team leader he seems too immature and lost a lot of respect for him after those "I'm going to ****ing kill you" comments during the handshake line a couple years back.

Jones will be a serviceable goalie, maybe even be an NHL starter, he'll have some trade value. Don't know if he can be kept around in the long run since the Bruins are already giving $7 million a year to Rask.

Colin Miller is a a great prospect and I hope (actually assume) he'll be on the Bruins roster when the season opens. What do you think his ceiling is?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad