Confirmed with Link: Lucic to LA Kings for 13th pick, Martin Jones and prospect

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Me too! The San Jose follow thru was good value but Lucic IS what I want in a bruin. And we r paying half his salary. Dumb move and when he is a beast a lot of people going to look dumb. Oh wait, scratch that they will just say it was still a good move cause he wouldn't do it here.

Like seguin and boy chuck and wheeler and .....

Oh the irony in your post about other people looking dumb. :laugh:

Lucic will have a beast year next year. It's his contract year. Then a team will give him 6 years for way too much money and he'll go right back to floating around the ice.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

But unlike Gaborik, this rental comes prior to the season starting and because Lombardi is getting the full season from a potential 30-goal scorer, the price tag was a lot higher.

It wound up costing the Kings No.2 goalie Martin Jones (can't wait to see him in teal on opening night at Staples Center), their best defensive prospect in Colin Miller and a pick the Islanders turned into Matthew Barzal, whom the Islanders believe will be an All-Star one day.

What does the Barzal pick have to do with the Lucic trade ????

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Lucic will have a beast year next year. It's his contract year. Then a team will give him 6 years for way too much money and he'll go right back to floating around the ice.

Pretty much this.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
But unlike Gaborik, this rental comes prior to the season starting and because Lombardi is getting the full season from a potential 30-goal scorer, the price tag was a lot higher.

It wound up costing the Kings No.2 goalie Martin Jones (can't wait to see him in teal on opening night at Staples Center), their best defensive prospect in Colin Miller and a pick the Islanders turned into Matthew Barzal, whom the Islanders believe will be an All-Star one day.

What does the Barzal pick have to do with the Lucic trade ????

Salary retained or not, I still can't believe how much we got for Lucic.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Some said that he was after 7-8y deal and Sweeney was in the 5y range.

But I'm happy with the trade, the contract would have hurt us and our future contending dreams, now we will have around 3M in cap space via Beleskey vs Lucic and huge return from Lucic which filled up our prospect pool.

Salary retained or not, I still can't believe how much we got for Lucic.

We have to remember that it's only for 1year and the return was huge and this trade will help us a lot in the future due to the cap space and prospects going strong.

Also that retaining is probably for the best, we atleast have 6M in cap space with Kelly+Lucic off the books and can do roster fillings next offseason when this team is ready to fight.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The Looch deal is one of the better trades the team has made in a long time. And I love me some Milan Lucic.

FROMSHORETOCHARA

Jul 2, 2009

Yeah you figured it out, see Lucic didn't TRY this year, cause it was like 15 months from free agency. But next year when he is like 6 months from free agency he is gonna give it his all. Not having Krejci or a rw when he played with Krejci no factor, he is just lazy . But next year he won't be. But the year after he will be again. Yup u can sure spot a dumb post champ :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad