Value of: Lucic (retained) & Bennett to Boston

muddywaters

GO FLAMES GO
Jul 12, 2006
Cedarbrae
Lucic is definitely serving a purpose ... I can see him tightening up his defensive game with Sutter behind the bench ... the way the Flames are built right now I don’t see Treliving trading him this season IMO ...

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Some people haven’t watched any Flames games this year. Lucic has been our most consistent forward. He’s been scoring too. Ignorant proposal.

contract unfortunately makes him have negative value

10 points in 28 games does not overcome 6 million next year and the year after, even if he does bring an obvious physicality to the lineup

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Some people haven’t watched any Flames games this year. Lucic has been our most consistent forward. He’s been scoring too. Ignorant proposal.

he has been good. Biggest thing he has been bringing is his effort.

That said if Calgary can turn Lucic's good performance into being able to get out from the contract they should. The cap is supposed to be flat for at least the next 2-3 years. Not sure what retention the OP was looking for, but owuld have to make sense for the flames otherwise they should keep him.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Lucic is definitely serving a purpose ... I can see him tightening up his defensive game with Sutter behind the bench ... the way the Flames are built right now I don’t see Treliving trading him this season IMO ...

Kopitar played some of his best games with Lucic on his wing in a sutter system.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
How many cap floor teams are there any more? Sens? Are they even one? The whole idea of trading bad contract to cap floor team is silly because that’s still throwing away money. Bad-ish contract has to return.
No kidding. There is over 20 teams that are basically cap ceiling teams. The only teams with space are Ottawa, LA, Detroit, New Jersey and Seattle.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Whats the price? We toss in Bjork and what other trash back you want?

Even if Lucic agrees to waive the acquiring team has to protect Lucic . So most likely the are losing a better player . Bennett has little value but he does have some . I say about a 2nd or a similar struggling player .

Summary . Lucic has negative value so you are going to have to pay to move him . Add in the fact the new team will lose another player in the expansion draft it going to cost a fair price to move him . A 1st + . Or a First plus Bennett . After the expansion draft it will cost less to move him but Calgary may lose someone they don’t want to lose . Either way it is going to be costly

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Even if Lucic agrees to waive the acquiring team has to protect Lucic . So most likely the are losing a better player . Bennett has little value but he does have some . I say about a 2nd or a similar struggling player .

Summary . Lucic has negative value so you are going to have to pay to move him . Add in the fact the new team will lose another player in the expansion draft it going to cost a fair price to move him . A 1st + . Or a First plus Bennett . After the expansion draft it will cost less to move him but Calgary may lose someone they don’t want to lose . Either way it is going to be costly

I would love Lucic back I’d even give up Bjork although I’m sure he will go to Calgary and probably score 20 goals. You bring up a great point though. I wouldn’t want to lose one of our core players in the expansion draft to because we need to protect Lucic.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Salty Oiler fans just mad that Lucic has more goals than 80% of their roster. How's Neal looking at 6.5 million? Cheers for the 3rd rounder btw

Yup, he is playing so well that he has lifted the Flames to... checks standings... 5th in a brutally weak North division.

Neither the Flames nor the Oilers should be bragging about their line ups. Both teams get killed against real contenders.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
contract unfortunately makes him have negative value

10 points in 28 games does not overcome 6 million next year and the year after, even if he does bring an obvious physicality to the lineup

It's 5.25 for the Flames. But yes, I don't see how anyone can possibly argue that Lucic is worth even that. Would love Lucic on the team at about 2-3 million though.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It's 5.25 for the Flames. But yes, I don't see how anyone can possibly argue that Lucic is worth even that. Would love Lucic on the team at about 2-3 million though.

You could even probably convince some bruins fans to take him on for 4-4.5 :laugh:

we still love us some Looch. I doubt he wants to come back out East though

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
You could even probably convince some bruins fans to take him on for 4-4.5 :laugh:

we still love us some Looch. I doubt he wants to come back out East though

Honestly, people complain about Lucic. For whatever reason, he's become the example of worst contract in the league. People severely undervalue what he brings. There's something to be said about having what might be the best fighter in the league on your team. Especially if you have a soft lineup to start with.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Honestly, people complain about Lucic. For whatever reason, he's become the example of worst contract in the league. People severely undervalue what he brings. There's something to be said about having what might be the best fighter in the league on your team. Especially if you have a soft lineup to start with.

agreed, especially when you’ve got a talented shit stirrer like Tkachuk. It’s nice to give your young stud some heavy backup. It allows him to play his game with less worry

he’s far from the worst contract imo

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Look the Bruins have no need for Bennett and I loved when Lucic was here before , and to be honest when that POS Wilson was running around out of control , Lucic did cross my mind. But to be honest his best days are be hind him and I think Bruins fans like me should not get nostalgic and move on to what the team needs "GOALS " and lets close this thread now.......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad