Proposal: Lucic for Toffoli

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I assume if I were a Leaf fan that would be a good counter.

One of your post. below

It’s real hard to do much with this team at this point. Pretty much ride or die with the core. Our prospect depth is thin, Dubas gave away all our draft picks and signed players to big contracts that aren’t easily moved.
To trade a Marner or a JT, the other team needs that amount of cap room, which many teams simply do not have.
Dubas created a mess the day he signed JT.

You say--- OUR depth is thin,
You say----Dubas gave away all OUR draft picks

And than claim your not a Leaf fan. Sure Bud Sure.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Where did you get the idea that Lucic's value is "largely negative?" That's just fundamentally incorrect. Lucic has been a well above replacement level player every season in Calgary
p7X13Vv.png

I am all for acquiring Toffoli but I am 100% against paying Zary to dump Lucic's contract and his 20 goal pace

Calgary has ~3M TDL cap space right now (and probably more with Ritchie healthy soon). Toffoli can be acquired for your original 1st + 2nd + small dump (ie. Pitlick) and then if need be Lucic can be moved in the offseason after his final bonus is paid for at most a 2nd
That would be a fair return imo

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
I'm not sure the Flames move off Lucic honestly. In terms of their on ice expatiations for what he brings to the team they're generally happy with him. Wouldn't shock me if the Flames resign him if they can sign him for 1-1.5/year.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
One of your post. below

It’s real hard to do much with this team at this point. Pretty much ride or die with the core. Our prospect depth is thin, Dubas gave away all our draft picks and signed players to big contracts that aren’t easily moved.
To trade a Marner or a JT, the other team needs that amount of cap room, which many teams simply do not have.
Dubas created a mess the day he signed JT.

You say--- OUR depth is thin,
You say----Dubas gave away all OUR draft picks

And than claim your not a Leaf fan. Sure Bud Sure.
You visit other poster’s history? Get a life

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Zary (or Cgy 2022 1st) + Poirier (or Panthers 2nd) + Zadorov (salary dump)

For

Toffoli

Sounds fair to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad