Proposal: Lucic for Ryan

SENSability

Oct 13, 2017
I don't get involved with trade talks, but I don't mind this one. The Sens definitely need some grit and Lucic would provide that. We're a soft team, this would toughen us up some. I don't know if the money works or if anything else works but I would do it. I like Bobby, and always have since the day he came over, and I'm not a fan of Lucic, but something needs to give and if it's Bobby, so be it.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
If the Oilers could get Lucic to waive his NMC I would prefer they just retain some of his salary and deal him that way instead.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Edmonton would approve, but I don't know if Ottawa will approve.

Edmonton would never touch that deal.

OP, Canucks will take Ryan though. Add a second and third rounder to him and they will be good to go. They have made it clear they will take bad contracts because they are going to be at the bottom of the league for the next five years.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Edmonton would never touch that deal.

OP, Canucks will take Ryan though. Add a second and third rounder to him and they will be good to go. They have made it clear they will take bad contracts because they are going to be at the bottom of the league for the next five years.

We're probably going to go for Tavares.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
We're probably going to go for Tavares.

I think the Blues are going to do all they can to sign him, among others.

I don't think the Habs or Canucks of the world have a chance. I think he is tired of losing.

Your team did say they would take on bad contracts.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I think the Blues are going to do all they can to sign him, among others.

I don't think the Habs or Canucks of the world have a chance. I think he is tired of losing.

Your team did say they would take on bad contracts.

Yeah, and I'm not too much of a fan of that.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Edmonton doesn't touch this. I think the Oil still holds him in hopes that he rebounds. Lots of guys have a bad year along the way, and Edmonton has sold low too much recently. Ryan's had a bad half decade.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Depends on the add-on. A rebuild is necessary with the Twins gone.

It's unused cap space and only costs the owner money. If you can gain some young prospects and picks then it can help.

Goaltending is not a concern, but offense is a slight concern.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Edmonton doesn't touch this. I think the Oil still holds him in hopes that he rebounds. Lots of guys have a bad year along the way, and Edmonton has sold low too much recently. Ryan's had a bad half decade.
Please stop ,Ryan ,s problems have been with his health....When he plays he is a far far better player than Lucic ever was...

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

To this point last offseason if someone offered Brown for Lucic everyone would have said it would cost LA multiple other assets...now?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Please stop ,Ryan ,s problems have been with his health....When he plays he is a far far better player than Lucic ever was...
He must not have been healthy for the past 5 years then. Missing games is also a huge negative. This year was abnormal for Lucic. 30 point seasons is not abnormal for Ryan anymore.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

He hasn't been better than Lucic, for whatever reason, for a couple of seasons now. Also his cap hit is higher. Why would Edmonton bother with Ryan's contract? This makes no sense whatsoever.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He must not have been healthy for the past 5 years then. Missing games is also a huge negative. This year was abnormal for Lucic. 30 point seasons is not abnormal for Ryan anymore.
U would be correct,he has played one season of 81 games..In the past 5 he scored 56 points,the next highest games played was in the 70,s in which he scored 54 points.....Ryan has had 8 serious hand injuries in the last 2 seasons...

So why would we trade a player that scores the same in less games,has less term and is far more likely to be LTIRED sooner???

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He hasn't been better than Lucic, for whatever reason, for a couple of seasons now. Also his cap hit is higher. Why would Edmonton bother with Ryan's contract? This makes no sense whatsoever.
Please look at games played ??Before you spout off

thadman

Jul 23, 2015

Ryan averaged more points per 82GP in that bad half decade than Lucic even had in his "good" Edmonton year ... before falling off a cliff this season.

Lucic is 15 months younger and is paid $4 million less over the remaining term of his contract. That's the only reason that Ottawa would consider this.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ryan averaged more points per 82GP in that bad half decade than Lucic even had in his "good" Edmonton year ... before falling off a cliff this season.

Lucic is 15 months younger and is paid $4 million less over the remaining term of his contract. That's the only reason that Ottawa would consider this.
If Ryan is healthy next season 50 points is what he will score...Now i dont think he will be healthy,and looks far more to be a LTIRED candidate than a much healthier Lucic...Guy has had so many hand/finger issues over the last 2 season its a small wonder he can even hold his stick let alone shoot

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Please look at games played ??Before you spout off

Sigh. Before I spout off.

For. Whatever. Reason. If it was lack of intensity. If it was health. If it was... aliens. Whatever. I don't care for the reasons. There is no chance Edmonton takes on a $7.25 Million dollar contract that goes until 2022 for a forward, WHO FOR WHATEVER REASON only scored 25 points and 33 points respectively in the past two seasons.

Get it?

Lucic, until this year, which was the worst of his career, is a mortal lock for 50 points. Oh yeah and he is strong enough and healthy enough to play 82 games.

One season below 40 points? That is an anomaly. Two Seasons in a row? That's a major problem. You're telling me your guy is worth more because he can't stay healthy and play 82 games?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Sigh. Before I spout off.

For. Whatever. Reason. If it was lack of intensity. If it was health. If it was... aliens. Whatever. I don't care for the reasons. There is no chance Edmonton takes on a $7.25 Million dollar contract that goes until 2022 for a forward, WHO FOR WHATEVER REASON only scored 25 points and 33 points respectively in the past two seasons.

Get it?

Lucic, until this year, which was the worst of his career, is a mortal lock for 50 points. Oh yeah and he is strong enough and healthy enough to play 82 games.

One season below 40 points? That is an anomaly. Two Seasons in a row? That's a major problem. You're telling me your guy is worth more because he can't stay healthy and play 82 games?
So you are telling me Lucic goes into a slump yet plays all 82 games and scores the same as an injured Ryan got in 62 gets a pass???

Both contracts are terrible....But give me the shorter one that is likely to end on LTIR ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad