HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Are smelling salts really effective ?
I'm not a doc but I suspect they have a very short effect rendering them pretty useless

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I always thought Tavares was a good signing. Sure in hindsight we can crap over it all we want but it was hard to say no to someone who wanted to come here at the time.
its not the fact that they got him its when and for how much. They overpaid for a ufa when they should've been slowly building and instead paid 11 mil which made the young core envious and forced them to overpaid all their players. they literally had a 3 year rebuild and dipped. At least habs did a retool, acquiring a bunch of pieces before

Reactions: Chili and Nashy

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Put them in cap hell...and handcuffed them from building a solid D core / goalie.....Kadri was a top notch 2nd line center, Matthews was on his way to #1.....Tavares has not made them better.
Kadri became better later on but he was definitely a decent 2nd liner. Those stupid penalties is what ran him out of town.

If you can add a player of Tavares caliber you do it right away. The issue is that they had a smaller window due to cap restrictions.

I think asset management was the issue . Either sign Tavares and if after 2 years it doesn't work out trade him for a haul or get rid of one of the core 3. Either way you would have gained something for free.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad