Friedman: Lucic doesn't want to play in Canada anymore?

Cotton

May 13, 2013
This is exactly why he might want out.

Because a fan is expressing their feelings, on the interwebs, over speculation that a snowflake is melting in Edmonton?

I wonder what the pressure is like for NFL players, or NBA players, must never experience media scrutiny, or fan outrage. Iffing such a thing were to occur we'd certainly see reports of players rage-quitting their teams/cities and people like you attempting to condemn any fans who get pissed off about it.

Reactions: Garbageyuk

KingsCourt

Aug 15, 2005
when he gives back some of that money, he can go anywhere he wants.

lol...i love it, wasn't he going to be answer to oilers success??? lol

Johnny McBravo

Hello Connor
May 28, 2010
Canada
GettyImages-509274866.0.jpg

NOW you want to cry wolf!?

You chased the $$$ and that's cool, but don't be a man baby about it.

Suck it up, buttercup.

This x100

It's how the world works Milan. If you do poor work at your job, expect to be scrutinized for it.

Reactions: MC2D

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Because he's a gutless turd. Always has been.
Because a fan is expressing their feelings, on the interwebs, over speculation that a snowflake is melting in Edmonton?

I wonder what the pressure is like for NFL players, or NBA players, must never experience media scrutiny, or fan outrage. Iffing such a thing were to occur we'd certainly see reports of players rage-quitting their teams/cities and people like you attempting to condemn any fans who get pissed off about it.
Listen, if my wife was concerned about fan abuse you better believe I would put my family first.

Reactions: BeSeeingYouSeattle

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
This x100

It's how the world works Milan. If you do poor work at your job, expect to be scrutinized for it.

He came to Edmonton to play with Connor and to get paid.

He’s not good enough to do the former, and he’s guaranteed the latter no matter what. If he wants out, see ya later. However, If the price to move him is 10th / JP / Yamamoto and get nothing useful in particular back, guess what? You have two choices Milan. You can suck it up, train hard, improve your lower body strength and attitude and go out there and play hockey to the best of your ability and try to improve your trade value, or you can sulk and suck and be the highest paid 14th forward in NHL history and get real familiar with the bench and/or press box.

That’s the reality of this situation. Chiarelli needs to grow a set and tell Lucic he will be moved as soon as an offer presents itself that makes sense to the Oilers, but we aren’t going to get bent over a barrel just because Mrs. Lucic went on social media and saw people saying mean things. Life is tough and he’s very highly paid for what he does, so if he has to be miserable for six months while we look for a deal where we aren’t getting screwed, so be it.

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
He came to Edmonton to play with Connor and to get paid.

He’s not good enough to do the former, and he’s guaranteed the latter no matter what. If he wants out, see ya later. However, If the price to move him is 10th / JP / Yamamoto and get nothing useful in particular back, guess what? You have two choices Milan. You can suck it up, train hard, improve your lower body strength and attitude and go out there and play hockey to the best of your ability and try to improve your trade value, or you can sulk and suck and be the highest paid 14th forward in NHL history and get real familiar with the bench and/or press box.

That’s the reality of this situation. Chiarelli needs to grow a set and tell Lucic he will be moved as soon as an offer presents itself that makes sense to the Oilers, but we aren’t going to get bent over a barrel just because Mrs. Lucic went on social media and saw people saying mean things. Life is tough and he’s very highly paid for what he does, so if he has to be miserable for six months while we look for a deal where we aren’t getting screwed, so be it.

:eyeroll: He did not ask to be traded ,he just said if they have a deal in place that he will waive it .The whole wife thing was just Friedman speculating(which it might be true or not.)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
LOL Good luck with that.

Literally the only team I could see taking a chance on him (Vancouver) is also in Canada.
And his wife thinks that if he under performs in Vancouver that the fan reaction will be any different than in Edmonton? Nope. Likely worse....

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
LOL Good luck with that.

Literally the only team I could see taking a chance on him (Vancouver) is also in Canada.

I honestly think you’re going to be surprised with how many dinosaur GMs will look at what guys like Wilson, Smith-Pelley, Reaves did this playoffs and figure that a motivated Lucic should be able to do that and then some.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I honestly think you’re going to be surprised with how many dinosaur GMs will look at what guys like Wilson, Smith-Pelley, Reaves did this playoffs and figure that a motivated Lucic should be able to do that and then some.
Exactly. We may not be getting a 2nd line winger in return, but I'm guessing that there will be interested GM's out there.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
People should avoid Twitter to avoid abuse period.

Once you become a someone you open yourself up to jealously, hatred, unwarranted adoration, popularity, etc.

I suggest the Lucic clan stay off all social media for protection and self-preservation.

It's not essential to be part of social media.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
:eyeroll: He did not ask to be traded ,he just said if they have a deal in place that he will waive it .The whole wife thing was just Friedman speculating(which it might be true or not.)
How do you know what was said? How do you know he didn't ask for a trade?

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
You guys don't know what its like to go online and read that someone you love is an awful person.
I don't care how he is as a person. But as a hockey player and a professional, yes he is terrible. If she can't handle it, then do what literally every other high profile athlete's wife does: don't read it. It's a weak ass excuse.

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
I don't care how he is as a person. But as a hockey player and a professional, yes he is terrible. If she can't handle it, then do what literally every other high profile athlete's wife does: don't read it. It's a weak ass excuse.
:nod: I agree on that but Loooch will be back in shape for next season.

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
didn't Eberle say something about the fans not being so classy when the chips are down? Maroon's wife had been threatened (allegedly) now Lucic about to get run out of town just like Shultz and Eberle!!! Not to mention McDavid being douched when he went to lunch with his father lol maybe the fans should turn their volatile attention to management and ownership!!!

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Yarbles02

Dee’s A Bird!
Feb 10, 2012
Edmonton
I’m from Edmonton and I would want out too if I were Lucic. The media presence and fan base is comprised of 90% boneheads. obviously plenty of the hate is warranted but it’s been pretty ruthless this year.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
lebrun made it seems like today on insider trading that it's lucic, not chiarelli who wants a change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad