Friedman: Lucic doesn't want to play in Canada anymore?

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I really want to know how almost every fan on a message can know the second something happens it is a bad bad thing but a GM of an NHL cannot?

Being a GM in the NHL really doesn't seem like a very hard job to me.
Lombardi was super high on Lucic. That trade likely cost LA one of Konecny, Connor, or Barzal.

Not to mention where Jones ended up and Colin Miller.

Lucic had a good year as did LA, neither showed up in the playoffs.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
LA is taking on a lot more term. I'll be shocked if the Oilers don't include a nice asset or high pick and retain to move Lucic.
2 more years of term still doesn't account for the Oilers taking on another million in cap hit and downgrading a 10OA pick to a 20OA pick. If Edmonton was getting a better player then maybe, sure. But Phaneuf is equally as bad as Lucic, and much worse if Lucic returns to being a 50 point player which he probably will.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Oilers would be smart to wait until after free agency. With players like Kane(objectively worse than Lucic) getting 7x7 contracts I bet he'd be considered a a steal at $6.

Also it wouldn't surprise me if it's Oilers management putting out this info that Lucic wants out to try and save face.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
So his GF is basically saying " I want to go to a place where fans wont bother my bf when he plays like shit so we can comfortably spend our 7 mil per year"

Reactions: Red

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Oilers would be smart to wait until after free agency. With players like Kane(objectively worse than Lucic) getting 7x7 contracts I bet he'd be considered a a steal at $6.

Also it wouldn't surprise me if it's Oilers management putting out this info that Lucic wants out to try and save face.

Why would Edmonton look to move him?

Lucic isn't anywhere near worth 6m per year.

Reactions: Red

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Why would Edmonton look to move him?

Lucic isn't anywhere near worth 6m per year.

Multiple teams are interested in him. He's a 50 point player with tons of intangibles to add to a team. 40 point, injury prone, locker room cancers like Evander Kane are getting 7x7 deals, in comparison Lucic IS a steal!

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Has anybody suggested Lucic to Minnesota for Parise? I imagine this would work out well for both teams in the end, if Minny was actually willing to do it.

LUCIC
- Signed for less money less years
- Less injury prone, bigger, tougher

PARISE
- Signed for more money more years
- More skilled, leadership qualities
- Likely LTIR "retired" within 3 to 5 years

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
At 50% and on the 3rd or 4th line I'd love him back in Boston.

Hell, no. The last thing that Boston needs to do is bring back Lucic. I know that some Boston fans still cling to the idea of having him on the Bruins, but they need to get over it. Besides, Boston has so many good, left-shot wingers with speed and skill: Marchand, Debrusk, Donato, Heinen and Bjork.

I am thoroughly enjoying watching Chiarelli and Edmonton struggle with their self-imposed mess.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
It’s like the Oilers are teaching a how to not manage your assets level 100 course. Looch is still better than he showed last year and the only reason he got that contract was to toughen a soft team up, he even called out their lack of toughness in his debut interview. But I’m sure there are other ways to be feared than giving out that deal.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
So Lucic has 5 years remaining... if Oil retain 1.5M, I’ll trade them Sutter for Lucic + 2nd.

Even salary exchange, but less term for oilers, plus they get a checking center.

Nux win a pick and get tougher, which is something they reportedly want to do this offseason.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Give me 7 million in exchange for people ripping me online. I won't complain or ask to leave.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
So Lucic has 5 years remaining... if Oil retain 1.5M, I’ll trade them Sutter for Lucic + 2nd.

Even salary exchange, but less term for oilers, plus they get a checking center.

Nux win a pick and get tougher, which is something they reportedly want to do this offseason.

ummmm....no.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Oilers fans are gonna say no but from Avs perspective:

Lucic @ 4.5M cap hit + 10th ov + 2019 2nd for 2018 3rd.
T3T6QO4.jpg

Provorov4Norris

Sep 28, 2017
There are worse contracts out there than Lucic, and dumping crap and getting retention and vulturing assets out of Edmonton might be what fans want but in that case we’re better off keeping him.
I think ultimately that's where the Oilers will end up....getting rid of him will too punitive.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Has anybody suggested Lucic to Minnesota for Parise? I imagine this would work out well for both teams in the end, if Minny was actually willing to do it.

LUCIC
- Signed for less money less years
- Less injury prone, bigger, tougher

PARISE
- Signed for more money more years
- More skilled, leadership qualities
- Likely LTIR "retired" within 3 to 5 years
Parise wouldn't waive his NMC. That's not a knock against Edmonton, I just think he plans on retiring here come hell or high water.

Plus, while my opinion might be very different a year from now, right now I'd rather hang on to Parise. He finished the year very strong after his back surgery: had like 15 goals in March and was our best player in the playoffs before taking that freak elbow to the sternum. I think he still gets LTIR'ed within 5 years (and probably legitimately), but he may have a few very good seasons left in him.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Seeing the way he was playing last year, the title should go like this :
Lucic doesn't want to play anymore?

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I will no longer take this notion that TOR media is the biggest problem. Now it's a whole country? It's about time the fans own up to this.

I remember the Dallas Eakins presser when he got fired. He brought his wife there to protect him or to keep the "dogs at bay".

Perhaps many of the media who cover the Oilers are fans, but it's the fans who create a voice through media.

It's a bad situation in EDM, but it's not his (Lucic) fault they traded Hall, drafted Yakupov, overpaid Draisaitl, etc.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->