Lucic-Bergeron-Seguin 4th line Team Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayRosehillMVP

snubbed again
May 28, 2012
Philadelphia
I'm a huge Giroux fan but I don't see how he makes it at this point. The Stars homer in me would love to see Seguin on the team, but I think he's an outside shot this year. In the next four years I'm hoping he'll be a lock, but just not right now. If any Stars are gonna make it, it's Benn.

He's undoubtedly a top 5 forward when he's on his game. I'd be shocked if he doesn't make it, especially considering how well he's played as of late.

I think he'd look real good on Crosby's wing.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Bergeron - yes.
Seguin - I don't think so. He'd have to get very hot.
Lucic - No. Big ice surface, team already will have power forwards like Perry. I wouldn't take him.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Right now as I post this on Hockey Tonight, Kouleas and Craig Button are both saying that Lucic should be on the team with an emphatic 'yes'.

I still disagree.

Chris Pronger (one of my favourite players) I always found was not nearly as good in International play as he was in the NHL. International hockey is called a lot closer to the vest and you can't get away with as much. So my vote is still no on Lucic.

brec7

Nov 28, 2006
Sydney, NS
Maybe it's the fact that I hate the Bruins and Lucic, but I see him being a disaster on big ice for some reason.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
Too bad about Lucic's lateral mobility, though.

Yup, his north south speed is unreal. He's like a train in that he takes a while to get going, but at full speed he's flying and to step in the way.. you're getting crushed. His east west speed is not good at all. And would be a reason his game won't be as effective on the big ice.

MRM7

Mar 25, 2013
You have to look at the difference in Seguins totals rising because he's back at his natural centre position I'm assuming? Correct me if I'm wrong Bruins/Stars fans.

If Seguin is on team Canada there's no chance in hell he's playing centre and he's back to the under achieving winger he was in Boston. Or so I assume. Hence why he was traded to Dallas.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Big Ice is overrated..

It's really not that much bigger..It's no longer, it's just 7.5 feet wider on each side. One stride longer basically, To say any player who plays in the NHL couldn't compete because of "big ice" is a joke

200 * 85 = 17,000 sq. feet
200 * 100 = 20,000 sq. feet

The International ice surface is about 18 % bigger. This is a huge difference. I don't think Canada will take a chance on Lucic.

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York
Why do people continue to insist Nash makes this team? He isn't even a whisper of his former self the last couple of seasons. Mind boggling what the frack some of you guys are watching. Let it go!

Nash was pretty sick last season... scored at a decent clip.

jgoud*

Lucic is fast. Everyone who's saying he would be a disaster on the big ice obviously doesn't watch him enough. Canada needs a gritty 4th line for when we play the more physical teams like the states because we will just get outmuscled and outhit.

Looking at the projected team, with the exception of Benn, there are zero guys that throw their weight around. I know the ice is bigger and there's less emphasis on that part of the game, but you'll need guys who can punish the opposing D. That's how Morrow made his way on the team in 2010, and that's how Lucic will this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Right now as I post this on Hockey Tonight, Kouleas and Craig Button are both saying that Lucic should be on the team with an emphatic 'yes'.

I still disagree.

Chris Pronger (one of my favourite players) I always found was not nearly as good in International play as he was in the NHL. International hockey is called a lot closer to the vest and you can't get away with as much. So my vote is still no on Lucic.

And I agree with you.
If the so called "experts" like Doug Maclean and Craig Button are calling for Lucic to be on the team, it only reaffirms my opinion that Lucic has no business at a tournament in Europe. next year's World Cup...in N.A? Sure, why not? In Europe? not a chance.

ManOfSteel

Nov 18, 2013
I'd rather have Benn or Spezza than Lucic. Seguin? We'll see if he can keep this up in the next couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad