Lucic-Bergeron-Seguin 4th line Team Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Just had the thought of remembering Seguin playing well with Lucic for the Bruins anyway. I was just thinking in terms of chemistry like the Crosby/Kunitz duo.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
The difference between the Crosby and Kunitz chem is because... well... it's Crosby! You need him clicking. I'd rather stay with a Perry or a Sharp.

I love Bergeron and Lucic together on a fourth line although my fellow canucks fans might disagree with me on Lucic.

Iridium128

May 30, 2012
Lucic - Bergeron looks nice on paper, but Seguin in a 4th line position isn't great.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Bergeron, yes. Seguin, possibly. Lucic, no chance. I don't get why people are trying to incorporate Lucic. He's a damn good player and is excellent in the NHL, but isn't the type of player we need on team Canada, let alone playing on international ice.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Bergeron, yes. Seguin, possibly. Lucic, no chance. I don't get why people are trying to incorporate Lucic. He's a damn good player and is excellent in the NHL, but isn't the type of player we need on team Canada, let alone playing on international ice.

In Lucic's defense his skating game has been great this year, his acceleration has definitely improved, look at his GWG in OT against the CBJ a few days ago.

member 151739

Lucic isn't making the team. I don't think Seguin will either.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Lucic isn't making the team. I don't think Seguin will either.

Seguin is 5th so far this year in terms of Canadien scoring..? :dunno:

1. We are Canadians not Canadien.

2. There's no chance in hell Tyler Seguin makes the team. A hot start isn't nearly enough for Steve Yzerman and company to forget Seguin's weak defensive game, inconsistency, and most recent 1G-8pts in 22GP playoff run with the Boston Bruins last spring..

Jason Spezza wasn't even invited to camp, and he's pretty much a better more proven Seguin. Go look at his resume, he's the captain of the Ottawa Senators, consistent PPG player (over PPG regular season pace over 600GP+) and a big time player in the playoffs going near-PPG over 50gp+.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
Yeah it's not an all star team it doesn't go by stats, guys like Morrow made it last time over higher scorers because he brought something different.

Bergeron HAS to be on the team, I'd rather have Benn than Seguin. He'd be the Nash replacement.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

2. There's no chance in hell Tyler Seguin makes the team. A hot start isn't nearly enough for Steve Yzerman and company to forget Seguin's weak defensive game, inconsistency, and most recent 1G-8pts in 22GP playoff run with the Boston Bruins last spring..

Jason Spezza wasn't even invited to camp, and he's pretty much a better more proven Seguin. Go look at his resume, he's the captain of the Ottawa Senators, consistent PPG player (over PPG regular season pace over 600GP+) and a big time player in the playoffs going near-PPG over 50gp+.

Seguin has never been weak defensively.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

Well I'm Amerikan; Lucic has 8 goals and 15 points and was mentioned to be a possibility to participate in the Olympics before the season even started so the idea of this line came to mind.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Seguin has never been weak defensively.

Well he definitely wasn't an asset defensively, so what does that make him then?

Well I'm Amerikan; Lucic has 8 goals and 15 points and was mentioned to be a possibility to participate in the Olympics before the season even started so the idea of this line came to mind.

I'm discussing Tyler Seguin, Milan Lucic is a whole different case altogether..

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I don't see why Seguin has no chance in hell. He's a fast player with a laser shot, which is mostly what Canada is losing in Stamkos. I think he's definitely earned himself a spot as a 13th/14th forward, and he should get a long look at playing in that top-six. I'd rather have him than Kunitz.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
I don't see why Seguin has no chance in hell. He's a fast player with a laser shot, which is mostly what Canada is losing in Stamkos. I think he's definitely earned himself a spot as a 13th/14th forward, and he should get a long look at playing in that top-six. I'd rather have him than Kunitz.

Locks:
1. Sidney Crosby
2. Ryan Getzlaf
3. Jonathan Toews
4. John Tavares
5. Corey Perry

Very Likely:
5. Patrice Bergeron
6. Martin St.Louis
7. Logan Couture

2010 Gold Alumni:
Mike Richards
Jeff Carter
Joe Thornton
Patrick Marleau
Eric Staal
Rick Nash

???:
Steven Stamkos
Claude Giroux

The Rest:
Matt Duchene
Taylor Hall
Jordan Eberle
Tyler Seguin
Jamie Benn
Chris Kunitz

Maybe "no chance in hell" was a little harsh.. But that's 14 players vying for 6-7 open spots. You tell me who gets left off.

Jack of Blades

Nov 14, 2013
Dallas
Locks:
1. Sidney Crosby
2. Ryan Getzlaf
3. Jonathan Toews
4. John Tavares
5. Corey Perry

Very Likely:
5. Patrice Bergeron
6. Martin St.Louis
7. Logan Couture

2010 Gold Alumni:
Mike Richards
Jeff Carter
Joe Thornton
Patrick Marleau
Eric Staal
Rick Nash

???:
Steven Stamkos
Claude Giroux

The Rest:
Matt Duchene
Taylor Hall
Jordan Eberle
Tyler Seguin
Jamie Benn
Chris Kunitz

Maybe "no chance in hell" was a little harsh.. But that's 14 players vying for 6-7 open spots. You tell me who gets left off.

I'm a huge Giroux fan but I don't see how he makes it at this point. The Stars homer in me would love to see Seguin on the team, but I think he's an outside shot this year. In the next four years I'm hoping he'll be a lock, but just not right now. If any Stars are gonna make it, it's Benn.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Even if his skating has improved, it's still not good enough for international Olympic ice. If every player were speedsters, then it wouldn't be SO critical, but since Tavares (not a gifted skater) Giroux (not a gifted skater) Perry (piss poor skater) Getzlaf (below average skater) will all most likely make the team, and then you add players such as Lucic, then the problem just becomes exasperated.

thatsclassy

Aug 13, 2013
Toronto
I wouldn't want lucic I would rather have Benn , duchene or spezza then him but I also agree with the post that said Richards Bergeron and carter that would be a dirty line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->