Proposal: lucas raymond for leo carlsson

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
This is one of those thoughts you prob just keep to yourself

You just don’t trade a Leo carlsson, specially for a downgrade.

Very few pieces in the league I’d consider moving carlsson for

Its an upgrade for anahiem. It may not remain that as Leo Carlsson develops into his high potential but lucas raymond is the better player right now.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Its an upgrade for anahiem. It may not remain that as Leo Carlsson develops into his d high potential but lucas raymond is the better player right now.
I dont think anaheim cares about the literal right now involving an 19 year old.

Power for Leo Carlson?
The hell happened did montreal podcast say there is issues with carlsson and pv or something?

I think pretty easy pass for anaheim.... Carlsson is PV's big prize for tanking and i doubt hes moving him any time soon.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
You don’t trade prospects you believe will become a franchise C, and you don’t trade players under 22, who played like Raymond was playing the last 20-30 games this season.

So even though it looks like Raymond has taken that big step, and every team would love to get their hands on a player like he’s turning into, you still don’t move a prospect like Carlsson. Even if in 3-4 years, it turns out Carlsson is just a good player, you still look back and say you made the right decision.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I don't get where this is an insulting offer.

Understandable Wild fans aren’t familiar with the value of a true 1C.

Anaheim says hell no. Carlsson is going to be an elite 1C.

I like Raymond but I feel he’s pretty close to his ceiling.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005

Honestly. What would make you think Raymond is already “pretty close to his ceiling” at 22?

He just got done proving he’s one of the great young players in the NHL. When a player takes that “next step”, and begins to drive a line on a consistent basis, as he did the last 30 games this season, he’s nowhere near his ceiling yet. He’s just getting started.

There’s very few young wingers who can do that yet. You can name them on one hand. To do it, and play a 200’ game at only 22? The sky really is the limit. There’s nothing to suggest he’s anywhere near his ceiling yet.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
I expect Raymond to end up

What on earth makes you think Raymond is close to his ceiling? I think with a more talented lineup, he's capable of scoring 40+ goals and 90+ points, not to mention his compete level and clutch play is off the charts.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Why are we downplaying Raymond here? Carlsson just had 29 pts as an 19 year old in 55 GP, while Raymond had 57 pts in 82 GP as a 19 year old. Even on pace, that puts Carlsson at 38 pts in 82 GP or quite a few less pts.

Not saying that Anaheim would do this trade, but I don't see how Raymond is worse than Carlsson when he literally had a better rookie season than Carlsson. I don't want nor think Detroit makes this trade either.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I don’t think anyone is down playing Raymond. I guess I’ve always viewed him as a 70-80 point speedy winger. Certainly wasn’t trying to throw shade at his game.

Isnt that basically what he is? Not saying he can’t exceed that, but I think he’s much closer to his ceiling right now.

Reasonable minds can disagree I guess. And again, I like his game alot. Carlsson (imo) is a potential franchise C. Those are so difficult to acquire.

Reactions: Vipers31

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Value is fair but doesn’t make sense for both teams. Simple as that.

Imo Anaheim would move McTavish or Zegras before moving Raymond. And that’s pretty contingent on if they’re picking a C this draft.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Why are we downplaying Raymond here? Carlsson just had 29 pts as an 19 year old in 55 GP, while Raymond had 57 pts in 82 GP as a 19 year old. Even on pace, that puts Carlsson at 38 pts in 82 GP or quite a few less pts.

Not saying that Anaheim would do this trade, but I don't see how Raymond is worse than Carlsson when he literally had a better rookie season than Carlsson. I don't want nor think Detroit makes this trade either.

He's not worse, both are obviously premier core pieces to build around, although to be fair we should note that Raymond turned 20 late in his rookie year while Carlsson turned 19 early in his rookie year, no? So it's not completely apples to apples, Raymond was about 3/4 of a year older as a rookie.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
As a Detroit fan, I'd like to hear the OP elaborate about why Detroit would do this.

Carlsson would probably be great in Detroit, he'd be a 1C or 2C in Detroit with Larkin, but have we given up hope that Danielson can be that player already?

If you subtract Raymond from this team, the wingers in Detroit are super mid (and that's being generous). We don't have many prospects on the horizon that will change that.

I don't know enough about Anaheim's organization but it seems like their posters don't care for this either.

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad