Proposal: lucas raymond for leo carlsson

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
Just for the record I wouldn’t do it from Anaheim perspective as I think carlsson is gunna be a big piece for us going forward, I do like raymond a lot and redwings should hold on to him baring a no brainer deal.

Doesn’t carlsson kinda fill a pretty big hole in top 6 center, with potential top line center. Like personally I think it’s much harder to fill a top 6 center position than it is to fill a top 6 winger, and I think a good center can really improve the wingers around them.

A lot would depend on how high detroit is on Carlson’s potential vs danielson/Kasper upside.

Not suggesting raymond is the piece to move for top 6 center help, just saying from outside perspective that’s a pretty big question mark for the wings. I’d say top 6 center + goalie…. But they do have potential pieces coming soon at both

Danielson + kasper at center
Cossa + augstine on back end
Remove Raymond and wing becomes a glaring need. That's my only argument against it. Yeah, getting Carlsson would be very nice and we could be happy for a bit with having some good C depth. However, it's entirely possible that Danielson and Kasper take a step and maybe they're not Leo Carlsson level, but instead the 2C we desperately need. Then, we have good 1-2 C depth AND no massive hole on the wing.

That's the issue. Trading Raymond for Carlsson fills a hole that already has some potential ready-made replacements and opens up a hole for something that we don't have a ready replacement for... and are heading for a time in which we won't have high picks to take a stab at adding.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Remove Raymond and wing becomes a glaring need. That's my only argument against it. Yeah, getting Carlsson would be very nice and we could be happy for a bit with having some good C depth. However, it's entirely possible that Danielson and Kasper take a step and maybe they're not Leo Carlsson level, but instead the 2C we desperately need. Then, we have good 1-2 C depth AND no massive hole on the wing.

That's the issue. Trading Raymond for Carlsson fills a hole that already has some potential ready-made replacements and opens up a hole for something that we don't have a ready replacement for... and are heading for a time in which we won't have high picks to take a stab at adding.
What do you think of breggren?

He’s a guy I’ve been curious about for Anaheim, granted after gauthier trade idk where we could even fit him

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone

Pretty much same thing in reverse for Anaheim. It was just one year ago everyone in Anaheim was excited at having a top 3 pick because there was finally a chance to get that much-needed potential top line center. I don't think much has changed in a year to make wing such a need that they'd turn the clock back at C ... hell they're better off at W than they were a year ago, with Gauthier in the fold, Colangelo signing and not bailing, guys like Sidorov breaking out in junior, etc..

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Carlsson is the epitome of a can't miss prospect. He'll be better than Raymond as soon as next year.
He’s a “guaranteed” 70+ pt player by 22?

No.

He’s a guy I’ve been curious about for Anaheim, granted after gauthier trade idk where we could even fit him
He’s okay.

Likely at best a 50pt player you have to shelter a bit as he’s very weak on the puck.

Probably one of those players who excels on bad teams where you need offense to come from somewhere but I doubt you see on contending teams doing opal that well

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023

Not a whole lot, tbh. He seems like any other dime-a-dozen “skill” guys that come through the draft who will just skyrocket if you give them everything and ignore they aren’t great at hockey.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I love Lucas Raymond, love him. But there's zero chance the Ducks trade a 19 year old gifted 200-foot centerman who will top out around 6-4, 220 pounds. Carlsson is the future horse up the middle for the Ducks and will likely match Raymond's high-end production, if not exceed him in 3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad