Injury Report: Lubomir Visnovsky: Concussion ***Not Cleared By Isles for Olympics***

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I did read the past articles and this one. Everyone can try and spin everything into conspiracy and hoopla but at the end of the day, he said it to the GM. It is was it is until he leaves the Isles and states it differently.

Not spinning, just pointing out an inconsistency. If it is smart to have him sit through the Olympics, and I don't dispute that it will be, then why not sit him for the Isles now? Do you see where my concern is? It isn't that poor Lubo should play for his country. That much I do not have an issue with.

And if you are unfamiliar with the Isle's and their bizarre practices at times, just look at Ricky's final months as a regular. They knowingly kept an injured player on the bench.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Not spinning, just pointing out an inconsistency. If it is smart to have him sit through the Olympics, and I don't dispute that it will be, then why not sit him for the Isles now? Do you see where my concern is? It isn't that poor Lubo should play for his country. That much I do not have an issue with. My issue, based on the evidence, is why keep him playing now int he NHL right now...

Sure, it can be said that way. The doctors cleared him and a GM gave his opinion. He is not in the medical field to know any better.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
What I don't get, and I asked Staple (although I doubt he'll respond), is why is he cleared to play in games for the Islanders, but he is not allowed to play for his country.

I am generally confused.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Not spinning, just pointing out an inconsistency. If it is smart to have him sit through the Olympics, and I don't dispute that it will be, then why not sit him for the Isles now? Do you see where my concern is? It isn't that poor Lubo should play for his country. That much I do not have an issue with.

And if you are unfamiliar with the Isle's and their bizarre practices at times, just look at Ricky's final months as a regular. They knowingly kept an injured player on the bench.

If he's healthy to play in the NHL (which tends to be more physical than the Olympics are mind you), then he should be ready for the Olympics. Honestly if the Isles are behind that whatsoever (and it appears they are)--it looks REALLY bad. This is Vis's last chance at the Olympics. If I were a player and I saw the Isles treating one of the best defensemen like this--it would hold some weight when making the decision whether to go to the team or not.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
To be honest, I think this is a bunch of ********. If he is medically cleared to play for the hockey for the Islanders, then he is cleared to play hockey for his country.

This is why we don't get legitimate UFAs.

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
If he's healthy to play in the NHL (which tends to be more physical than the Olympics are mind you), then he should be ready for the Olympics. Honestly if the Isles are behind that whatsoever (and it appears they are)--it looks REALLY bad. This is Vis's last chance at the Olympics. If I were a player and I saw the Isles treating one of the best defensemen like this--it would hold some weight when making the decision whether to go to the team or not.

I forget where I originally read it... but when it broke, the article said Visnovsky was in agreement. I don't think Visnovsky disagrees or feels that he is being treated poorly. He said he respects their decision. I doubt he has to even listen to them... he could go if he really wanted to... THAT would look bad. This is just my opinion, but I don't think this will have any effect on whether or not any one comes here... The fact that The three stooges are behind the bench and we have Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum running ****... That's why no one is coming here. :help:

MaryChristine*

To be honest, I think this is a bunch of ********. If he is medically cleared to play for the hockey for the Islanders, then he is cleared to play hockey for his country.

You can't be serious... Read the post above this one.
This isn't even close to the real reason we don't get UFAs

Hipietro

Sep 3, 2006
Long Island
This seems like yet another clown show decision by Islanders management. The dude is healthy enough to play for us but he can't represent his country in the Olympics?

Season is over you ding dongs, let him go.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
You can't be serious... Read the post above this one.
This isn't even close to the real reason we don't get UFAs

I'm just frustrated. There always seems to be things coming up that make the organization look bad and when you factor in that another year of John Tavares has been wasted by inept management, if makes it even worse.

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
I don't like to give snow any credit, but maybe Visnovsky doesn't feel ready to play in the Olympics. So instead of vis taking heat from his country for not playing, Snow is taking the hit for him saying its the Isles doctors decision.

Just a thought.

MaryChristine*

This seems like yet another clown show decision by Islanders management. The dude is healthy enough to play for us but he can't represent his country in the Olympics?

Season is over you ding dongs, let him go.

I agree, but it really seems like Visnovsky doesn't feel up to it. I think it has more to do with how HE feels going by his response. If Vis isn't mad about it, then why are we?

MaryChristine*

I'm just frustrated. There always seems to be things coming up that make the organization look bad and when you factor in that another year of John Tavares has been wasted by inept management, if makes it even worse.

That truly is one of the most sickening things. To think we only have 4 years until he is UFA. :cry:

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010

I am having trouble understanding this as well. Either he plays in both, or neither. I don't get how he is good enough for one, and not for the other. Is Sochi at an elevation well below sea level so the increase in atmospheric pressure might cause his head to implode?

LOL! Something does not compute.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
I am having trouble understanding this as well. Either he plays in both, or neither. I don't get how he is good enough for one, and not for the other. Is Sochi at an elevation well below sea level so the increase in atmospheric pressure might cause his head to implode?

LOL! Something does not compute.

Easy. They won't continue post game testing in sochi. It suspends the protocol. Stupid that they don't come out and say it. But snow constantly condescends to fans, so no surprise there.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Easy. They won't continue post game testing in sochi. It suspends the protocol. Stupid that they don't come out and say it. But snow constantly condescends to fans, so no surprise there.

Thank you Dan. Thank you for more information than our team or beat reporter can be bothered to provide.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad