Injury Report: Lubomir Visnovsky: Concussion ***Not Cleared By Isles for Olympics***

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 23m
Visnovsky out with a concussion, #Isles say.

How much time he will miss has yet to be determined, but if it's for an extended period of time, the Islanders are in trouble.

I just don't see how this team can compete without him in the lineup.

Last edited:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Gonna suck if he is out for more then a couple weeks, only positive is I think the PP might be better with Donovan

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
This is just horrible news, makes you wonder if Isles could call up someone like Reinhardt (dreaming) but still. PP takes a huge hit now, but more playing time for Donovan that's for sure.

It Was 4 to 1*

Mar 22, 2009
Nelson has to start for Regin.
Donovan for Viz
DeHaan for Carkner
Boulton for PMB

i'd rather dress carkner as a 7th dman than boulton.

i don't really think vis has done a great job qbing the pp this season so far so this is really donovan's time to shine

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
If Donovan sits for garbage like Carkner, Strait or Hickey ever again well lets just say i'm going to yell at my tv a lot?

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
Nelson has to start for Regin.
Donovan for Viz
DeHaan for Carkner
Boulton for PMB

I agree with 3/4 of your suggestion. I think PMB is beginning to improve. He seems to be around the puck alot.

I don't even notice Regin out there and Carkner is the type player you scratch, unless you're expecting a very physical game. His instincts are awful and he's too slow to make up for his lack of talent.

thegoodoldboys*

i'd rather dress carkner as a 7th dman than boulton.

I don't really think vis has done a great job qbing the pp this season so far so this is really donovan's time to shine

I don't think he is that bad. What I hate is he always seems to be afraid to shoot on the power play. That is what hurts him most on the power play.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
This is just horrible news, makes you wonder if Isles could call up someone like Reinhardt (dreaming) but still. PP takes a huge hit now, but more playing time for Donovan that's for sure.

More of Carkner and Donovan. Lets see how they handle no Vis.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
God forbid but if this is serious and he is out for along time then Garth really needs to find a replacement ASAP. No one within the system is capable of replacement Viz and a trade is the only possibility

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
This could be horrible. Feel terribly for Visnovsky and the team.

Paging Matt Donovan: here's your big chance. He's got to play real minutes now.

I really wish we had held on to Reinhart and waived Carkner.

Last edited:

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
The hit didn't look hard at all. It must have caught him funny. I didn't see any head shot..more like a shoulderblade or something around that region.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I'm really starting to get nervous nothing has come out yet... If this had happened to a forward we could simply call up Strome or someone else (not that I wish a forward got hurt). But the fact this happened to our defense and one of our best is not good.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
This could be horrible. Feel terribly for Visnovsky and the team.

Paging Matt Donovan: here's your big chance. He's got to play real minutes now.

I really wish we had held on to Reinhart and waived Carkner.

They would have had to waive Carkner to hold onto Reinhart (or Strait or someone else), just for the roster spot. Unless they were going to waive a forward.

OR, they could have sent Donovan down. At least for the first nine games, since Donovan is waiver exempt. OR Nelson, for that matter, since he's hardly played.

does cdh get a call up now?

I'd guess it's Donovan, nobody gets called up. They have room on the roster but Cappy likes who he likes. Even if Nelson scores a hat-trick, he still may not play over Regin, PMB, anyone else.

As dan-o says, I think it's Donovan's time to shine. But I'd expect Donovan to still be a 11-13min defenseman with AMac and Hamonic getting 25-30.

AMac on the PP is a move that makes zero sense. zero.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
I'm actually somewhat relieved it was a concussion over a shoulder (obviously this is coming from a completely selfish, fan-centric point of view). I was convinced it was a separated shoulder judging from the hit and the reaction afterwards, which would have almost certainly meant the season for Lubo. While I am aware that concussions can also wipe away a huge chunk of time, there is also a chance that symptoms go away relatively quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad