Lowest amount of shots on goal in playoff history

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Why is no one talking about this? All I hear is how they had five goals on 12 shots or how they went 37 minutes of play without a shot.

Sure, both things surprising for the defending champs ...BUT....

They won this game with the lowest shot total in playoff history.

As in what 100 years? And it happens in the final...to the home team defending champions....who score 5 goals?

Strange doesent begin to describe it.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Probably the record for worst save percentage as well by Rinne

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen
This is embarrassing for both teams. One just had the least amount of shots ever in a playoff game and the other managed to lose to them with probably the least amounts of saves ever.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
People saying this is the worst game in Pens' playoff history never watched the series they had against the Flyers a few years ago.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Didn't Pittsburgh have a game against Washington with like 14 shots and Washington had 40. Pittsburgh still won the game. Happened this playoffs.

PensFever71

Apr 7, 2008
Pittsburgh
Fantastic game for Nashville

Awful game for Rinne

Ugly game for the Pens

I'll take 4 ugly wins seasoned with copious amounts of salt

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Man they played so much better last year. And it's more then just missing Letang. There's no way he generates 30 shots a game.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
That was last year in game 3. Caps outshot the Pens 49-23 and lost 3-2.

18-39 were the shots in game 4 this year. Checked the archive box score. I think it came to mind because Pittsburgh got only one shot in a period. Crosby was injured that game.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This was a masterpiece compared to those s***shows.

No control of emotions, no goaltending, stupid penalties and giving the puck up fifty times a game.

This was a flippin' Rembrandt.

Five years later I still have no goddamned idea what that series was. What did we learn? Why did that happen?

Imagine being a coach for either team. At some point Disco and Lavi must've just been saying "I don't know just go do stuff."

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Five years later I still have no goddamned idea what that series was. What did we learn? Why did that happen?

Imagine being a coach for either team. At some point Disco and Lavi must've just been saying "I don't know just go do stuff."

I was boozing a lot around that time and it was fun as hell being so out of it while watching a goal every 30 seconds...good times

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad