Post-Game Talk: lower case

3 stars

• Total voters

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
The problem was his delivery. I'm sure this is something totally out of his comfort zone, so I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he's really struggling to get his point across succinctly.

His other issue is he's way too complimentary. The only time he pointed out a flaw tonight was when Kreider didn't drive the net on the 2 on 1.
Yup, it was his delivery and apprehensiveness. Very very stunted and talking too low, not enough energy. It's something you have to work at to be comfortable with and he has a lot of work to do in the broadcasting side of it (bc I agree with @will1066 that he had good insights) if he wants to be a color guy. Agreed on the too friendly part of it too, that's something that definitely takes getting used to with criticizing the players too much.

I don't think he's a lost cause but it would take work to get good. It would be cool if he did because he has so much knowledge of the game obviously and could be a good high profile color guy with credibility. We'll see I guess. You know who is good as a color guy basically right out of the gate, is Callahan. He's been really good every time I've watched a game with him on it.

A little bit of a calmer response but the officiating was horrendous and the offense in the first two periods looked good. The new lines are much much better.
I'm mostly happy that Igor looks back on track because to me that's the most important thing anyway.

These lines were good, let them cook for a few games and get Lindgren back in the lineup soon and we'll be good. Mikkola is a good 3rd pair guy but he's a bit over exposed at times playing with Fox, I still like him though.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
This was a one goal game for like the last 8 mins of the game. Igor did his job when we needed him to and we won.

This is the blueprint of what we did last season.

Just take a f***ing breather and watch this team f***ing cook.

Also good teams let bad teams comeback more often than you think.
Snowblind seems to think all we do is blow leads. I wonder if he was watching when they said they other night that the Rangers are 4th in the league in come from behind wins. I'm with you. This team is locked into 3rd in the division. This team will be playing well down the stretch when it matters.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I feel like Messier wants to be the coach of the Rangers so bad. Interesting to hear his insight even if he tends to ramble.

That being said, they needed an offensive performance like that. They need to clean up the D, which Ryan Lindgren will be a huge help, but you can see the potential this lineup has. Plus they can role 4 lines.
Messier wants to skip right to the head coach of the New York Rangers without much of a resume in coaching. If he really wanted it he would set his sites lower and work his way there.

Reactions: mike14

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018
Oh and Messier may be the worst color commentator I've ever heard. Just a painful broadcast to listen to.
1-0
f10593d6-6a35-41ec-9f3c-c729eb976962_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Fun to watch bothe the live and kids broadcast. The green city was fun for a period. They need to work on the animations and stuff like that because it got a little stale. But it was a great idea. Hopefully they do it again.

My daughter liked watching it. Well the one who wasnt pissed at me turning off bluey

Reactions: egelband

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The Rangers were completely dominating Washington through 2 but once we went up 4-1 the refs decided it was time to let everything against us go and call us for anything remotely resembling a penalty. That was a disgusting final 25ish minutes by the referees, complete joke.

Good news is Igor looks back to normal.

Kane had a ton of jump tonight, he's fitting well with Kreider and Trocheck.

The fourth line rules.
The officiating is a joke nearly every night. The game management by the robots posing as refs is as guaranteed as death and taxes. It's one of the many reasons I hate the NHL. Not the sport, the league.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Fun to watch bothe the live and kids broadcast. The green city was fun for a period. They need to work on the animations and stuff like that because it got a little stale. But it was a great idea. Hopefully they do it again.

My daughter liked watching it. Well the one who wasnt pissed at me turning off bluey
My 7yo daughter enjoyed it, too. I thought it was cute myself. Sometimes there were some glitches like on the Trouba goal but otherwise it was a neat thing.

Bluey is great. Although the dad in that show makes me feel like an awful dad myself. :laugh:

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
My 7yo daughter enjoyed it, too. I thought it was cute myself. Sometimes there were some glitches like on the Trouba goal but otherwise it was a neat thing.

Bluey is great. Although the dad in that show makes me feel like an awful dad myself. :laugh:
Bluey's dad (David McCormack) can write a catchy pop tune as well

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Rangers played for about 22/60 minutes. Maybe by the end of the season they'll be at the 44-48 minute range.

Messier says some really good stuff, but it's also partially like being with you older drunk uncle ramble.

I don't mind Emily. She's light years better than Pierre, Ferraro, Leah Hextall.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Yup, it was his delivery and apprehensiveness. Very very stunted and talking too low, not enough energy. It's something you have to work at to be comfortable with and he has a lot of work to do in the broadcasting side of it (bc I agree with @will1066 that he had good insights) if he wants to be a color guy. Agreed on the too friendly part of it too, that's something that definitely takes getting used to with criticizing the players too much.

I don't think he's a lost cause but it would take work to get good. It would be cool if he did because he has so much knowledge of the game obviously and could be a good high profile color guy with credibility. We'll see I guess. You know who is good as a color guy basically right out of the gate, is Callahan. He's been really good every time I've watched a game with him on it.

I'm mostly happy that Igor looks back on track because to me that's the most important thing anyway.

These lines were good, let them cook for a few games and get Lindgren back in the lineup soon and we'll be good. Mikkola is a good 3rd pair guy but he's a bit over exposed at times playing with Fox, I still like him though.
I was kinda surprised when the goal went off Mikkola, Mess made the observation and Levy said the shot went in clean and he didn't push back. Then Emily came on and commented that Mikkola was upset going back to the bench, which meant no doubt the puck went off him.

Off ice, Mess has always been friendly and approachable in nature, a stark contrast to his on ice personality.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
This was very good.

All 4 lines looked great in the beginning. Kane was awesome.

Then after we were up 4-1, game management took over and they let the caps do whatever they wanted and called 2 phantom penalties on the Rangers. Total BS.

They can't be letting players get 4 hacks away at Igor but overall they played well. Puck support was there.

JVITBPITNHL
Complaining about this is so pointless bc it's been this way for decades and if you want to win the cup the team will need to play through this like every other recent winner rather than just whine about it. It's not changing, it's the way the league is and unless our team can adjust and learn how to manage it they won't be able to make it to the end.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
I was kinda surprised when the goal went off Mikkola, Mess made the observation and Levy said the shot went in clean and he didn't push back. Then Emily came on and commented that Mikkola was upset going back to the bench, which meant no doubt the puck went off him.

Off ice, Mess has always been friendly and approachable in nature, a stark contrast to his on ice personality.
So, like most Canadian hockey players then?

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Montreal Canadians lower?
Hartford or lower. I realize St.Louis looks like he will be a good coach for the Habs but I'd actually be more comfortable with him than Messier since he played more recently and was a part of a successful run recently. Messier hasn't been involved much since he retired, id wanna see if he can coach a current team before I'd give him the big club. If he'd have taken it when Quinn did I'd have no problem with it, much like mtl did with St.Louis, winning doesnt matter for them where they are at.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Complaining about this is so pointless bc it's been this way for decades and if you want to win the cup the team will need to play through this like every other recent winner rather than just whine about it. It's not changing, it's the way the league is and unless our team can adjust and learn how to manage it they won't be able to make it to the end.
The officiating is still infuriating. I don't care that it's gone on forever and that it will never change. I watch these games and I know exactly what is going to be called and on what team depending on the score and situation. The only times the refs don't follow the script is when something is so blatant they have to make the call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad