Player Discussion: Louis Domingue

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
He had a rough first period last night. First two goals were brutal. After that though I thought he shut the door pretty well. Great save on Ekblad in OT.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Since no one seems to have made it, I took a little trouble (not used to making a gif) to make this one lol
Such a dramatic, yet funny ending with all these spotlight going around him right after the save.
3407LOlB12.gif

what was that jump he made anyway? was that an assist to his last save?

Last edited:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He's done a very serviceable job so far, we don't have the Vasi/Bishop 1A/1B or the best backup in the league anymore. Dom is a pure backup goalie, he's going to let in goals, getting upset and expecting him to perform like a starter is like expecting Sustr to play like a #1 if Hedman goes down.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
He's done a very serviceable job so far, we don't have the Vasi/Bishop 1A/1B or the best backup in the league anymore. Dom is a pure backup goalie, he's going to let in goals, getting upset and expecting him to perform like a starter is like expecting Sustr to play like a #1 if Hedman goes down.
Yeah, I agree with that. He's not a "problem" and it isn't a hole in our roster or anything, but he is very much a backup.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yeah, I agree with that. He's not a "problem" and it isn't a hole in our roster or anything, but he is very much a backup.

He'd be a problem if he was brought in a starter like some of those awful goalies we had during Boucher's years but this one of those unfortunate situations where your starter goes down for an extended time. The fact that we haven't looked or been linked to any external options means they're satisfied with his performance.

One thing that's been a huge improvement over the years is that the team is stepping up in front of the backup goalie, vasi used to be left out to dry because thr defense was so used to Bishop swallowing everything. This may be reflective of bowness as well but we have a very cohesive defensive unit as a whole right now. GA doesn't reflect it but we're much cleaner on the defensive end.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
He'd be a problem if he was brought in a starter like some of those awful goalies we had during Boucher's years but this one of those unfortunate situations where your starter goes down for an extended time. The fact that we haven't looked or been linked to any external options means they're satisfied with his performance.
While he does let in a lot of very soft goals, he does have a 12-4 W-L record... how could management or the fans not be satisfied with that? He did play very well last night in my opinion. Maybe getting that night off the other day allowed him to re-set a little as intended.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
While he does let in a lot of very soft goals, he does have a 12-4 W-L record... how could management or the fans not be satisfied with that? He did play very well last night in my opinion. Maybe getting that night off the other day allowed him to re-set a little as intended.

I think it's more lowering our expectations after he looked very solid last year and to start this year. He's come back to earth and we can't expect him to be anything more than an average back-up. We needed a lot of goals to get him that 12-4 record.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Was looking at his numbers after the game and was thinking wow thats all we really need from a backup on this team. Other teams might be an issue.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Statistics say otherwise but everyone knows you're an eye test guy, oh wait.
I mean, from 11-12 to 13-14 Lindback had a .911 5v5 sv%, under a -12 NST GSAA, and a .811 ish high danger sv%. From 17-18 to now Domingue has a .913 5v5 sv%, under a -7 NST GSAA, and a .824 high danger sv%. Domingue>Lindback.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I didn’t even mention the diminishing returns of GSAA on an elite shot quality limiting team (right now basically only affects Minnesota and Tampa and to a lesser extent Boston) that hurts Domingue’s GSAA.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I mean, it was pretty damn amusing.
Its Friday night, shouldn't you be halfway up some cheerleaders skirt under the bleachers anyway? What the hell else is HS for?
You overestimate my attractiveness sir.

I’m at an open mic. I already played.

Now back on topic pls.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I think it's more lowering our expectations after he looked very solid last year and to start this year. He's come back to earth and we can't expect him to be anything more than an average back-up. We needed a lot of goals to get him that 12-4 record.

I guess he'd happily trade some of those goals to get less of a mess in front of him. Support wasn't always as good as against Boston. Yeah, he did let in some soft ones but he also had to make some crazy saves to save some lazy asses in front of him...guys like Kucherov are constantly cheating on offense and don't care about defense which leads to stupid turnovers. Bolts could be a very good team would they always play like against Boston. Those stupid turnovers aren't a new problem. It started last winter somewhere and is an ongoing issue ever since.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
If you look at his save percentage and think that we're 13-4 with him in net you really start realizing how good our team is.

They're scoring lots of goals but until the last two games they were taking risks and cheating on offense. Yes, Domingue let in a few weak ones but don't forget that he made up for almost all of them with some insane saves. He's been excellent overall and saved lots of lazy asses in front of him.
The last two games seem to let you forget about all the turnovers and allowed odd man rushes in earlier games. Vasi couldn't have done much better in those.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad