LeBrun: Loui Eriksson on the market!

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
How about Carter at 50% retention for Eriksson and Podkolzin? That’s a $2.6 million cap hit for Carter (and only $1 million in actual salary) for two seasons. He is a more productive offensive player who has a documented history with Pearson and Toffoli, and the $3.4 million in cap savings would certainly help Vancouver. Kings could possibly add something small.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
How about Carter at 50% retention for Eriksson and Podkolzin? That’s a $2.6 million cap hit for Carter (and only $1 million in actual salary) for two seasons. He is a more productive offensive player who has a documented history with Pearson and Toffoli, and the $3.4 million in cap savings would certainly help Vancouver. Kings could possibly add something small.

No, Podkolzin not available

Reactions: Cogburn

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

lol. how about you give me your brand new car and a broken down bicycle and i give you a broken down bicycle back? it's a good deal for you because my old bike still holds air in the tires for a couple of hours at a time, and i am feeling generous so i will even cover half your maintenance costs on it for two years.

seriously, how much have you had to drink?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

I don't think you appreciate how much we value Pod.

Eriksson for Carter (with something retained) could be workable, but Carter isn't necessarily an asset for us. We have forwards, we have too many centers (Miller, Horvat, Pettersson, Gaudette, Sutter, Beagle, MacEwen) and our non-Eriksson wingers aren't simply disappearing to make room for him. I'd like Carter because of his size more then anything, but if the cost is anywhere close to Pod, we're better off just dumping Eriksson elsewhere (even retaining 2.6 million to match the deal). Miller, Boeser and the newly acquired Toffoli aren't being displaced by Carter, although Virtanen and Pearson probably could be, but trading a very realistic top six prospect for someone that would be a borderline top six winger (that's 35) doesn't compute, even including Eriksson's horrendous contract.

If we can bump things down to Juolevi and a pick, or Virtanen, or some combination of lesser futures, I'd be interested. Well lesser than Podkolzin anyway.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I don't think you appreciate how much we value Pod.

Eriksson for Carter (with something retained) could be workable, but Carter isn't necessarily an asset for us. We have forwards, we have too many centers (Miller, Horvat, Pettersson, Gaudette, Sutter, Beagle, MacEwen) and our non-Eriksson wingers aren't simply disappearing to make room for him. I'd like Carter because of his size more then anything, but if the cost is anywhere close to Pod, we're better off just dumping Eriksson elsewhere (even retaining 2.6 million to match the deal). Miller, Boeser and the newly acquired Toffoli aren't being displaced by Carter, although Virtanen and Pearson probably could be, but trading a very realistic top six prospect for someone that would be a borderline top six winger (that's 35) doesn't compute, even including Eriksson's horrendous contract.

If we can bump things down to Juolevi and a pick, or Virtanen, or some combination of lesser futures, I'd be interested. Well lesser than Podkolzin anyway.

That’s a fair response. My previous offer of Carter, Kupari, and Clague for Eriksson and Podkolzin was met with a warm reception, but the revised offer was rightfully denied.

What if it was the same general offer, but just with Carter’s retention instead of Clague?

To Los Angeles: Loui Eriksson, Vasili Podkolzin

To Vancouver: Jeff Carter at 50% retention, Rasmus Kupari

I might be open to something around Eriksson and Juolevi for Carter retained as well, but I’m not really sure what.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
That’s a fair response. My previous offer of Carter, Kupari, and Clague for Eriksson and Podkolzin was met with a warm reception, but the revised offer was rightfully denied.

What if it was the same general offer, but just with Carter’s retention instead of Clague?

To Los Angeles: Loui Eriksson, Vasili Podkolzin

To Vancouver: Jeff Carter at 50% retention, Rasmus Kupari

I might be open to something around Eriksson and Juolevi for Carter retained as well, but I’m not really sure what.

I'd be happier with Podkolzin over Kupari, even considering the other parts of the offer. I think he could be a next level player, but that is also a matter of Pod being our shiny new toy.

We'd be adding something to Juolevi, but once again, I don't know what. I'm guessing that the omission of Virtanen was a polite declination as well then. Gaudette could be included, although we just sent Madden to you guys for Toffoli. I'd be alright with draft picks too, but Benning has specifically ruled that out.

Reactions: kilowatt

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
As a few others have noted it's most likely he is buried in the AHL next season and then bought out / set free at last in 2021. If there is no AHL he can just ride an empty bus around upstate NY with his name and picture on it (either the Loui Express or the Eriksson Express) which would be the best solution for all parties.
The Loui Limo. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad