Player Discussion Loui Eriksson II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
What Loui does so well that so few other Bruins do well is go to the mouth of the net. It's such a simple concept, I don't know why more guys don't do it. If Hayes did it 30% as much he'd be twice the player he is now.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Not sure what the fuss is about?

Loui is a very good player. He's just not the kind of player I give $6m for 6 years to at age 31.

Nothing personal.

Deal him for the best package possible, then replace him with another vet or Vatrano and add a decent d-man.

Try to win a round.

if he was 28 I offer him the 6 year deal at 6+

Loui's agent JP Barry and Chiarelli would have got a deal done but after the sham with Dougie there is a disconnect between Loui's agent and Dealer Don

They also have at least 4 prospects who to me are strong candidates to be top 9 left wingers
Vatrano
Gabrielle
Heinen
DeBrusk

And there are others I can see as well

They will hit on more than one of these

It's a bummer because I like Loui but at 31 this summer and a salary cap and strong positional depth it doesn't make sense

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I don't think anybody is going to overpay us for Loui. Maybe a late 1st and a prospect. For that return id rather a cup run and risk him walking

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Eriksson has 9 career OT goals. Tied with malkin for 5th since 2006-2007

interesting. the search string on NHL.com says 6 since 2003, but player page says 9. guess it's just another feature that doesn't work on the new and improved site :laugh:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I don't think anybody is going to overpay us for Loui. Maybe a late 1st and a prospect. For that return id rather a cup run and risk him walking

i admire your optimism, but max talbot has a better chance of winning the selke.

Bruinz4life

Feb 16, 2016
Nova Scotia
I'd like too know the thoughts on trading Krejci and a 1st Rd pick for a top scoring winger since in my opinion Spooner looks more than capable of playing 2nd line Center. Maybe toss in a prospect to Columbus for Saad? Then offer up Loui and a pick and or prospect for top 4 dman.

Belesky- Bergeron- Marchand and Saad- Spooner- Pastrnak

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I'd like too know the thoughts on trading Krejci and a 1st Rd pick for a top scoring winger since in my opinion Spooner looks more than capable of playing 2nd line Center. Maybe toss in a prospect to Columbus for Saad? Then offer up Loui and a pick and or prospect for top 4 dman.

I'd trade the 1st and keep Krejci

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
What Loui does so well that so few other Bruins do well is go to the mouth of the net. It's such a simple concept, I don't know why more guys don't do it. If Hayes did it 30% as much he'd be twice the player he is now.

Hayes is a 2.0 version of Max Pacioretti. He has the size and the skills but doesn't want to go in the dirty areas.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Better chance Krejci is next President - he kinda has a no movement which is better than a no trade and my understanding insisted on this vehemently before signing and plans on playing here

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada

Best player we've had at doing this since father time Mark Recchi.

Iceage

Jun 26, 2013

Loui's agent JP Barry and Chiarelli would have got a deal done but after the sham with Dougie there is a disconnect between Loui's agent and Dealer Don

They also have at least 4 prospects who to me are strong candidates to be top 9 left wingers
Vatrano
Gabrielle
Heinen
DeBrusk

It's a bummer because I like Loui but at 31 this summer and a salary cap and strong positional depth it doesn't make sense

It does make sense if you trade some of these prospects for a D instead of the assets received by trading Ericksson. Actually, it makes more sense. I'd offer 4x6.5.

It might also be a calculated leak to let potential buyers know that their current offers are not good enough.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

Do you have some inside information that Krejci is willing to surrender his recently negotiated NTC?

Speed Shooter

Fly. Don't look, just fly.
Jul 6, 2010
God's Country

Vatrano
Gabrielle
Heinen
DeBrusk

Heinen is a RW, even though he shoots L.

Agree with your point though. Do not repeat sins of Chia's past blunders and block kids who need NHL ice time and spot in lineup.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Keep Loui for the playoff run, give the youngsters some playoff experience this year to see if younger guys like Hayes, Spoons, Pasta, etc can up their compete level in the playoffs (this goes a long way to evaluating what they are worth long term), check to see what the cap will be in the summer, crunch the #'s with the mindset Marchy will be the first priority (I'd extend him this summer and not wait until 2016-17 offseason).

I'd rather make the playoffs this year to be able to evaluate our new young talent pool when it matters most, to me this makes more sense then getting a late 1st round pick for Loui and run the chance of not making the playoffs at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad