Loudest crowd

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
The thing is though, nobody cares about what is happening in europe where some d level hockey is being played.

Unfortunately Montreal and Edmonton are not there this season so it's a toss up among some simply ordinary crowds this season.

Smply ordinary crowds this season???

Reactions: Cellee

ccp14a

Apr 8, 2018
Nashville, TN
Admittedly biased, but my vote is on Nashville and Winnipeg. The pure atmosphere at a 2011 playoff game at Bridgestone (vs Anaheim) single handedly made me a hockey fan. A Predators playoff game is the only sporting event I've ever been to where the crowd is consistently loud and energetic throughout the entire game. I typically can't go to sleep right when I get home afterwards because my ears are literally still buzzing. From their series vs Anaheim a few years back, it seemed like Winnipeg was very similar. A 2nd round series between the two would be insane.

Honorable mention to Columbus. Went to a (near) playoff clinching game there back in 2013 and had a blast. That place gets rocking during the playoffs as well. If they can finally make a run, I'm sure they'll be just as loud as well.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
As a Jets fan, I have to say the Preds have the best crowd in the NHL.

White Pine

May 26, 2011
upper ottawa valley
Preds, Jets.... With regards to the Leafs, the crowd isn't the loudest by far but everyone knows they want their team to win anyways. There is an improvement in the playoffs, but it takes the ACC from a mediocre regular season type crowd to a very good regular season type crowd. Although I think that playing Boston instead of Tampa will bring it up a notch and maybe later in the series as the stakes get higher it might improve more. But still, I'd put more money on the other teams. Boston can be kind of meh but the crowd gets intense during those big momentum swings and can be pretty overwhelming.

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
-Video evidence required. 50 second mark, the announcer is basically muted by the crowd when Rust opens scoring in Game 1. 2:00 minute mark doesnt help the announcer either when Crosby passes to Sheary to bury another one

Last edited:

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
-Video evidence required. 50 second mark, the announcer is basically muted by the crowd when Rust opens scoring in Game 1. 2:00 minute mark doesnt help the announcer either when Crosby passes to Sheary to bury another one

Lol biased much? I had no trouble hearing "Rust again!!"

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
Older arenas are louder. They were built for sports and sound acoustics were not an issue. Newer arenas are built like theatres. They suck the sound out of the building.

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
Roar of the Jets Fans: Playoff Hockey Returns to Winnipeg

And so I went into last night’s heavily anticipated Ducks-Jets game in Winnipeg, the first NHL playoff game played in the city in 19 years, fully prepared for noise. I was expecting noise, even hoping for it. But I also came in carrying along a good dose of prove-it-to-me cynicism. And I held on to that cynicism right up until the moment it melted out of my ears and trickled down onto my shoulders, along with what used to be my eustachian tubes and an undetermined number of brain cells. That moment came midway through pregame warm-ups.
Good lord, Jets fans. Maybe ease it up just a bit. Some of us might want to go home and hear our children’s laughter again someday.

WATCH: Jets fans' cheers reach 124 decibels on Lee Stempniak's goal

IMG_0861.jpg

-Loudest Crowd, America. Craziest crowd, Europe

Earthquake game

Loudest DB of All Time at 138, Chiefs

RedWillys

Dec 13, 2017
I always find these threads fascinating. Posting video evidence is virtually useless since every arena is going to have their microphones in a different location, set up at different pick up levels, etc. Unless its a standardized sound pressure measurement, its all opinion.

What I am more interested in, is level of engagement. From my biased homer point of view, the chants we do at Bridgestone are fantastic. I've only been to two other arenas in my life (Chicago and Columbus) and neither had near as elaborate chants as we do. Were they loud? Absolutely. Were they only loud at certain times? More so than not. Bridgestone *typically* stays loud for 60 minutes.

Reactions: Master P

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Boston can get loud enough to vibrate the balcony and level 9 but if the Bruins aren't playing well, it gets painfully quiet.

I expect it to be crazy especially Saturday night.

I have to say Winnipeg is the loudest

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Either the Jets or Nashville.

This is the first season the Jets have ever had 100pts and a real good goaltender(with lots of Depth all over the place). It’s gonna be insane.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00