Loudest crowd

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
After the Nashville game tonight, I think this question is answered.

-Ive watched almost every single opening round game except the Ducks. Sorry, Besides the You Suck chant, I think Nashville is grossly overrated for a home crowd.

-Out of all the watching, the white out Igloo wins

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

sofakingredrum*

Apr 24, 2017
it's not, it place just isn't loud loud, like most of the time. The scripted chants just grossly point out that your SOUTH of that Sunbelt line... if you will.

Good on all that fun and whatnot thou.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Homer ^ Simpsons is on Sunday.

One loud note in a symphony doesn't mean the whole score was played to the forte crescendo that the real game was.

really thou, reminded me of toronto or something, was quiet for a bunch. And don't the presidents trophy winners go out in the 1st round?! So 2-3 games of some "noice" is rain on the rough, I mean bark, rrrr , bark, roof.

Are you having a stroke? Do you need help?

Reactions: adsfan and Jets 31

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Its hard to say cuz quite obvious nbc was turning up the volume at times tonight in Nashville and then turning it down and Sportsnet is known for turning the volume down.

I believe the decibal meter in winnipeg was higher tho.

The PA announcer was obnoxiously loud at times tonight in Nashville... Its truly impossible to say tho due to the network shennanigans

Reactions: Jets 31

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
So far in these playoffs it is Nashville easily. Not even close.

The decibel meter in WPG was higher...

Its hard to say tho cuz... NbC was def raising and lowering the volume in the Nash game quite a bit.

Unless... NAshville has the loudest PA announcer in the league... Like headache inducing loud

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Nashville was pretty loud tonight! Although I find the chant they do after scoring to be completely idiotic.

Reactions: Jets 31

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
The real test... Tell Sportsnet and NBC to not mess with the sound...

Let it be natural...

Cuz it wasn't tonight. The sound was obnoxiously loud at times and others u could hear a pin drop...

It was very noticable and in my opinion... Made it very difficult to listen 2.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
There was a point in the 2nd period, right after Nashville tied it at 2 where the arena was so loud the Predators players stopped playing in the offensive zone thinking they got called for an offside. I think that should tell you how bonkers that place gets.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
There was a point in the 2nd period, right after Nashville tied it at 2 where the arena was so loud the Predators players stopped playing in the offensive zone thinking they got called for an offside. I think that should tell you how bonkers that place gets.

At the game and saw that as well; the players all just stopped. It ended up leading to some good zone time for the Avalanche too

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming

Nah. Thats just what the announcers thought.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I don’t know man, I have never seen a crowd that is can hide the sound of a Goal horn behind they’re cheering but Nashville seems like a time and a half, I don’t know what the heck they are cheering half the time but they just don’t shut up(I love there crowd for that reason though).

I guess the Jets have a more quiet game atmosphere until they get a reason to cheer(opportunistic is probably the definition of the Jets crowd) while Nashville is just a crowd that just doesn’t quite making noise throughout the game regardless of the context.

Aardvarksson

gif spammer
Apr 21, 2017
Nashville
you cant accurately judge loudness from a tv broadcast. they manipulate the sound levels otherwise you'd never hear the broadcasters.

The game in nashville tonight was deafening at times but i watched the broadcast when I got home and it just sounds like normal cheering.

Reactions: berlin

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Nashville was pretty loud tonight! Although I find the chant they do after scoring to be completely idiotic.
And too long of a chant , they were still doing the chant and Colorado scored on them . It sounded like they were celebrating Colorado's goal . :laugh:

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Maple Leafs Square

Was going to say this. Toronto is an insane hockey city (more so in the 905) but they aren't the ones that populate the ACC. Go to Maple Leafs Square, or a Boston Pizza in Oshawa and it's another story.

I've had night classes at the University in Guelph where if you sit in the back 400 out of 600 laptops are streaming the Leafs games mid lecture for a regular season game.

With that said I'm a Winnipegger living in Toronto and have been to both quite a few times and ACC doesn't come close to Bell MTS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad