Loudest building/ best arena atmosphere in the playoffs?

Which team will have the loudest building and best atmosphere

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
In order:

Islanders
Winnipeg
Nashville

I forgot who the TV personality was but they went to both WPG and NYI home playoff games a few years ago and said there was no comparison. NYI by a mile (only at NVMC).

Reactions: sabremike

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
That "pop" is just the sound of 19,800 finance industry professionals all simultaneously unlocking their phones to check on how the Dow Jones is doing.

NYR ears are ringing.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Carolina deserves more love, that building is going to be nuts if they have a close series with Washington. Otherwise, I'd say NYI for round one because they're at Nassau, WPG/NSH/VGK seem very loud and rowdy as well.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Vegas would be my guess. Nashville, Winnipeg, Carolina, and Long Island will be loud too. Always find myself thinking St Louis has a great crowd.

The Saddledome will be deafening. There's more buzz this year about the team than there has been in a long time. Might not be the loudest in the regular season but for the playoffs Flames fans get in it.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I feel like when it comes down to it every drink is loud come playoff time.

Everyone is willing to get up and be loud when the games mean more

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Definately not Toronto. I would love if our building could be intimadating to other teams. I would vote for Winnipeg or Nashville
Have you attended a Playoff game in Toronto or any of those other cities?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Isles are playing first round at Coliseum. Any other round after, they are playing at barclays. Coliseum, even after a $300 million renovation, is still a crap hole where there is no room to walk, piss lines are 30 minutes long and everything is overpriced. But bc of its size, ur on top of the ice and the noise level can match any place in hockey which is the only thing I care about at the end of the day.
What's the main reason for playing at different buildings? I still don't get it.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Isles are playing first round at Coliseum. Any other round after, they are playing at barclays. Coliseum, even after a $300 million renovation, is still a crap hole where there is no room to walk, piss lines are 30 minutes long and everything is overpriced. But bc of its size, ur on top of the ice and the noise level can match any place in hockey which is the only thing I care about at the end of the day.
How open to change is this? If the Isles win against the Penguins I would imagine they will want to continue playing at the Coliseum, no?

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
How open to change is this? If the Isles win against the Penguins I would imagine they will want to continue playing at the Coliseum, no?
It’s not. Nassau no longer has the TV/radio facilities, nor the suites required for it.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I'm going to vote for the Isles because the place causes people to go deaf once it gets insane and its the only place that i've ever seen a team call a time out less than 2 minutes into the game.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Rogers Place during playoffs was the loudest I’ve ever heard and I’ve been to a tonne of games and loud concerts (Trooper, Loverboy, Golden Earing etc).

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Once upon a time a place called Reunion Arena used to get very loud

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
It was dwindling before then IMO. There's been two peaks IMO, when the Sharks made the Playoffs for the first time and then there's this masterpiece, it was a treat to be in the building for this PK, hopefully these days can come back.

The thing that takes away a bit from this, i believe the oilers scored right after we got out of the box. I remember this

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
It's the Isles pretty easily. Smallest arena, lowest roof, back at NVMC, already known for being loud and crazy, and hosting a game 1 for the first time since 1988. It's pretty clear cut to me.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
I'm going Carolina. They'll have that first time in a while excitement, plus the team is alway pushing and has a good flow to their game which is exciting to watch.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
It doesn't matter because we all know that the television crews purposefully boost the crowd noises in some markets (Nashville, Carolina, Dallas) and lower the crowd noise in others (Toronto, Toronto). Gotta make King Bettman look like a genius.

Reactions: DaveG and bdub24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad